PDA

View Full Version : Paul turner

Eddiesanders250
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
anybody running the paul turner pipe? wondering if its worth it to get rid of the fmf pipe for a turner

1988R
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I run a PTR pipe and I like it. I have never used an FMF so I really can't comment on it. I've only used CT and PTR and liked both I think I am going to switch to an ESR now to see how I like that

250R Baja Rider
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I have a PT pipe and it is a good all around pipe. I works best on 265s to 300 kits. Anything bigger than that, I haven't heard too many things.

I also have and LRD and it is great.

Lots of people I've talked to that have owned CTs or FMFs swear the ESR pipe is the best.

My personal ranking is:
LRD first and PT second

track 2 trail
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM
have pt and fmf pt is to narrow power for my riding,no bottom good mid ,ok top.i did some research and found best overall power from fmf,or lrd

punker69q
05-24-2005, 06:36 AM
I got a paul turner hi-rev on my 265 and it doesn't have alot of low end (of course) but the mid and top are really good. That said, you can run trails if you want too and it's not that bad, just depends of what kind of rider you are.

But, if your bike is only midly ported or not ported, it may not work very well. Mine is ported by duncan, so all the parts in my engine are made to work together.

Maybe you should just get a good porting job done, or a bigger carb etc... before swapping pipe.

If you are interested, I got a stock cylinder that is bored for a 68mm (265cc) piston if I remember right, that is ported by duncan for mx, that I may sell

Eddiesanders250
05-24-2005, 04:08 PM
my r is pretty much stock, no porting, i ride the dunes so i need the top end. Maybe i should go with the esr trx7 (i think that is the all around one) ive heard good things about the esr pipes.

pharit
05-24-2005, 04:18 PM
FMF fatty to a paul turner race pipe was the smartest move i ever made. i don;t think i'll run another pipe while i own an R unless its a drag pipe......

Very happy with paul turner and duncan racing pipe

CHAR250R
05-24-2005, 07:22 PM
I have the Paul Turner mid range pipe. Pyramid reed valve, vented air box lid, K&N air filter, stock bore. Very easy to ride, very smooth power delivery. Good bottom, excellent mid, and a decent top. I had Paul Turner pipes on both of my LT500's. I had FMF's on the 500's first. I'm happy I switched to Paul Turner. I've had them do some engine work, too. Excellent.