PDA

View Full Version : 250r Stock vs. No-link vs. CR500 Rear Set Up

250R Baja Rider
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I just found this website by accident on the internet.
I saw a few threads and decided to join. Looks vey informative.

Okay 250r gurus,
Do you knwo any advantages or disadvantages of using the stock type rear suspension vs. the No-link set-up or the CR500 set-up?

I have seen a few quads out there with one or the other, but they don't even know why they are using their set up.:eek2:

TBD
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
It depends on the type of riding you want to set up for. No link suspension is very linear and requires the shock to be built to add progression. The linkage set up has the progression already designed into it.

gimp419
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Well it depends on your frame. After market frames are made in 3 different (that I'm aware of) configurations, 1.) Stock link 2.) CR500 link 3.) No Link.

Now I have very good luck running the stock link with a Custom Axis dual adj. shock but the advantage to having a CR500 link is that you can run a longer shock thus giving you more travel. The same is true of the No Link, longer shock and more travel. Your frame has to match your linkage though, you can't run a CR500 linkage set-up on a frame made for the stock linkage. It all comes down to changing shock angles and stroke length, hope this helps.

You might want to post this in the 250R section too if you want a bunch of answers.

250R Baja Rider
04-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info.

I did post this in the 250r forum.

So pretty much more travel is the idea.

Thanks

Tommy 17
04-21-2005, 12:56 PM
the cr500 linkage is the best of the 3 by far... it stops all the kick in the rear end and its unreal... you can case jumps just like a bike and have no problems... you can also hit whoops just like a bike...

the cr500 shock is almost verticle in the frame just like a bike so it handles 100x better...

the best handling bike in teh world is a protax cr500 narrow frame