PDA

View Full Version : Which bumper?

300ex73
04-20-2005, 12:30 PM
300ex bumper - http://acracing.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=545&Catalog=49&sort=price

400ex Stadium bumper - http://acracing.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1072&Catalog=49&sort=Price%20desc

I'm going to be getting a new AC bumper soon, but I'm not sure if I want to get the standard 300ex bumper, or fit a Stadium bumper from a 400ex. I'm really kinda leaning towards the Stadium bumper since I'm going more for an MX quad, but who knows. I just wanted get some opinions.

I'll post a pic of how the quad looks right now, but keep in mind that in a couple weeks I'm getting a set of Elkas all the way around, +3 Burgard a-arms, a Lonestar axle, AC nerfs, Roll pegs, and some IMS heelgaurds.

300ex73
04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
bump

NacsMXer
04-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I'd go with the Stadium bumper. With wider arms and such it gives the front end a much fuller look IMO. I used to run the standard AC bumper on my 400 but switched it out for the stadium. It also gives more protection than the standard bumper. Looks like it's gonna be a sweet 300 :cool: Here's a pic to give you an idea :)

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/NacsMXer/516791.jpg

300ex73
04-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Thanks man, I'm hoping it turns out pretty sweet. That's a pretty sweet lookin ride you got there too. I like the setup.

I just can't wait to get all my stuff though. Seems like things just keep getting better too. Found out it's only gonna cost like $50 bucks to get my A-Arms and header gaurd done with a double coat of pc. Hopefully I can get some of this stuff I got laying around sold soon, so I can have a few more bucks to help out.

2004exrider
04-24-2005, 08:39 PM
have you checked out the DG v-style it looks pretty awesome on anything

300ex73
04-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Not really a fan of about anytinhg that DG makes. I liked their older bumpers, and their nerfs are ok, but I really just don't like the looks of most of their stuff. And their pipes are crap.

300ex13
04-28-2005, 02:15 PM
the stadium may protect more but will also restict more air...i like the dg 'standard' like 85 bux and looks good on any 300

blaster_rider68
04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
if your going to do mx id get the stadium bumper........btw what kind of shocks are those?

MX300ex
04-29-2005, 10:44 AM
get it from www.hellboundracing.com

cheapest place

300ex73
04-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm not going to use anymore DG stuff. I'm not a fan of their products. As for restricting the airflow, yes it probably will some. it does not use a radiator, so therefore I'm not as worried about overheating. That's one of the nice things about air-cooled quads

300ex73
04-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm not going to use anymore DG stuff. I'm not a fan of their products. As for restricting the airflow, yes it probably will some, but I'm not overly concerned with overheating.

The shocks were custom Works dual-rate with rezzies. I just sold them however. My new Elkas are on order and should hopefully be in within the next month.

And I checked with Hellbound, and I could not find them on their site. I got one off of Ebay for $89 shipped.

MX300ex
04-30-2005, 08:40 AM
u serious got to stop buying right out of the companys....look for nacs,k&k,hellbound, etc..things will come much faster and less $$ than in the factory there made from

300ex73
04-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MX300ex
u serious got to stop buying right out of the companys....look for nacs,k&k,hellbound, etc..things will come much faster and less $$ than in the factory there made from

Well, I rarely order directly from the manufacturers. Hence the reason I bought it from EBAY. I checked with K&K, Nacs, Hellbound, and a couple of other places. Niether K&K nor Hellbound had the Stadium bumper. If I remember right, Nacs wants the same as it costs through AC directly. The bumper is like $110 through AC, before shipping. I figure that $89 was a fair price for the bumper shipped. And if you can find somewhere else that sells the AC 450R Stadium bumper for $79 or less, or has free shipping, then make sure to post where. So that I will know when I get ready to order one as soon as I get my 450R.

Oh, and thus far, all of the new parts I've ordered, with the exception of my shocks and a-arms(which I still managed to save $60 on by having them powdercoated by the same guy that did my frame), have been ordered through other retailers. Out of about $1,700 I could have spent on parts directly from the manufacturers, I've spent only about $1,350. And these are all new parts by the way. So trust me, I know about hunting for deals.

300ex73
05-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, I got my bumper in today, and bolted it up. And I love the way it looks on it. I used a couple of 1/4 inch spacers I had left over from my nerfs, and it went on with no problems. It'll be a couple more weeks before I have any new pics. Still waiting on my suspension, and a couple other parts. Axle should be in by tomorrow or Thursday. I'm also still waiting on Burgard to get back with me about the LT front suspension. Once I get the control arms, it'll only be about another week, maybe 2 before I can put them on. Sending them to the same guy that powdercoated my other stuff, so I can get them color matched to the frame.

Plante400
05-08-2005, 08:17 PM
IMS intimidator

300ex73
05-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Those are nice, but I already got my Stadium bumper. all I'm waiting on now is my pegs, heelgaurds, shocks, a-arms, and brake lines. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get it all in and bolted on, but as soon as I do, I'll get some pictures.