PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think 4 stroke pipes need to be made quieter?

Kennethyfz450
04-20-2005, 09:11 AM
list a few reason, and give a source why you feel that way..

Racing Rice
04-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Because sometimes obnoxious just isn't any fun. - Source: Me:huh

I personally prefer being able to make them quiet or loud.

DeerNuts
04-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
and give a source why you feel that way..

Alright, how many sources do you need for your paper??
They need to be made quieter so you dont piss off people, get the dogs barking, ruin your parents sex at nite, etc... etc... etc...

This issue has been rehashed for forever and it always will be. This is really old stuff. Go to google, or this site's version of google, type in exhaust of whatever and you will have sources coming outta the wazoo.

Kennethyfz450
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
alright i been their done that.

seems like you guys dont know any more than I do.

i say forget the quiet pipes because once the manfactures start making quieter pipes, the restrictions will keep getting lower and lower.

Racing Rice
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
alright i been their done that.

seems like you guys dont know any more than I do.

i say forget the quiet pipes because once the manfactures start making quieter pipes, the restrictions will keep getting lower and lower.

:huh The pipes keep getting quieter and quieter because the Nature and Wildlife folks, and residents keep complaining about noise pollution.

Do a search on Google for ATV noise pollution, maybe you can find what your looking for there.

theTman
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
quiet pipes=keeping riding parks open

loud pipes=pisin off ppl....getting the cops called...closing down riding areas....etc

but damn a loud pipe sounds so sweet:devil:

zedicus00
04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
actually pretty much any 4-stroke pipe is quit enuf for me. what bothers me is thouse peeple who take the baffles out of there pipes and hav no other mods or helmets or anything and ride around WOT in first gear thinking the are THE shizzle. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Kennethyfz450
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
ok i need some sources that is on our side. everything i got from google was usless. I even read a dummy article about how 4 wheelers should be banned because of distuction to the environment, and the listed a 4 wheeler website as one of their sources and the idiots on the hompage was riding with no helmet throw the creek, with a bear in another.. that made our sport look really good.

Kennethyfz450
04-20-2005, 10:03 AM
i would like something that says how to prevent sound pollution, besides all atv's are dangours and loud. i want to read some information about how to prevent loud pipes..

Racing Rice
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
If you want a source.. Contact ATVA http://www.atvaonline.com/

I would think they maybe able to help you with your little project. They are for the us ATV people.

bman9
04-20-2005, 05:43 PM
sit on the lake at night peace and quiet then hear your buddies come over. ya its loud. i can understand how people get mad.

Bill Fuller
04-20-2005, 05:58 PM
OK hears what burns my ***,why do we get all this negative press and exposer when we race a "closed"course mostly private land.Why is it that people think atvs are loud but don't think twice about an obnioxous window rattling Harley Davidson:mad: The ATVA is a bunch of talk IMO,with all the money they collect you would think we would have a better say.Next time your out and a Harley goes by notice how people look at it,and think about you quad and tell me wich is louder.

400exrules
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
my hmf is pretty loud, if u have a loud pipe, just putt around as little as u have to, dont ride around revvin it and haulin *****, just putt and ppl most likely wont complain