PDA

View Full Version : JE piston-spirolocks

Flip_SideEX
04-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Are all the JE pistons suppose to have sprio locks? Because i opened my JE piston box up and i found no spiro locks inside the box. But i did receive 4 lock clips. And it says to install spirolocks in the directions. Then my friend said, "that only applies to certain pistons." Any help will be encouraged. Heres the JE website that might help to describe what im talking about. http://www.jepistons.com/pdf/piston_instrc2618.pdf[/URL]
At bottom of first page.

MIKE400EX
04-20-2005, 07:34 AM
If the piston (wrist) pin has only a very small (<.015") chamfer around both ends then it was made for spiro-locks. Also, for spiro-lock applications, the groove in the piston will be a square profile with flat bottom and sides.
If there is a large chamfer around both ends, typically around .060", then it is made for the wire locks. The groove in the piston for wire locks has a rounded profile.
Make sure you received matching parts or the locks can/will come out. That would not be a pretty sight!:)

Flip_SideEX
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Ok. They are normal clips, but I thought i would ask. I was just making sure because I dont feel like rebuilding an engine/hurting something because of something I forgot to get that would be inexpensive, compared to alot of new parts. Thanks.

MIKE400EX
04-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Definetly the smart thing to do >>> ask. :muscle: