PDA

View Full Version : Screen freezing up on phone???

LuckyOxygen
04-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Anyone else have problems with the screens on motorola phones turning white, and staying until you turn it off? Mine does it, but only when i move the screen part like im about to close it shut. j/w if anyone else's were doin this....

ShiftFMX
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
my friends phone did that and the display never came back on! to know whos calling he has to memorize the ringtones he set for ppl :eek2:

blaster_rider68
04-19-2005, 05:05 PM
i have a nextel and man is that thing a POS

i go to use it and the screen wont do anything till like a minute later.....bad response time
(maybe cuz its been down a couple flights of stairs but w/e):D

exrider720
04-19-2005, 07:05 PM
yo get a verizon those phones are awesome

FoxRacing81
04-19-2005, 07:09 PM
My out-of-date cheap *** phone does that sometimes when I turn it on. If I have my charger on it and I turn it on, itll go to the "Verizon Wireless" and freeze. I have tot ake the charger out, pull the battery out, and then turn it back on and then put the charger back in.

-Justin

nosliw
04-19-2005, 07:45 PM
mine used to freeze when i went to my address book, so try and remove your battery and sims card and reinstall them. worked for me.

LuckyOxygen
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
My phone is no cheapy. anyways, ive tried removing both of those, i guess ill jsut send it to cingular for repair, which takes like 2 months:mad:

JohnO
04-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I wanted to chime in on this. Sometimes phones/like quads,cars or anything else can go bad right out of the box. I know that when you get frustrated, it's hard not to want to give someone a piece of your mind (like your Wireless provider). Be patient and try to work with them. See if they can get you a different phone or a loaner if you want. I know sometimes you get good service from some of the carriers out there and some of them seem to not care much.

I'm not sure about Cingular's customer service but I know for a fact the Verizon's customer service is commited to try to resolve your problem on the first call. They have won JDPower and Assoc. awards for their commitment to service.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm a tech for them.

Punk'd
04-19-2005, 09:39 PM
I got that stainless steal motorola its the 2nd one iv had the first one wouldnt get service. POS I have trouble with it ringing once and then saying missed call?

praetorian
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Anyone else have problems with the screens on motorola phones turning white, and staying until you turn it off? Mine does it, but only when i move the screen part like im about to close it shut. j/w if anyone else's were doin this....

Hey is that the V600 doing that?

Mine is and its Bullchit. I paid $300 for that Motorola Phone.

LuckyOxygen
04-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, I had the V600, but they recalled them. And sent me a new one similar to it. It's the one with the circle light on the outside of it. I forgot the model, but its a replacement for the V600 which was 350 bucks new.... Just kinda pisses me off!

blaster_rider68
04-20-2005, 07:29 AM
im gettin the i710 nextel..........hopefully that one is better than the one i have now

Racing Rice
04-20-2005, 08:58 AM
My friends Motorola has done something similar, but it never came back on. The ribbon cable for the screen was bad.

LuckyOxygen
04-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
My friends Motorola has done something similar, but it never came back on. The ribbon cable for the screen was bad.

Yea, thats what mine needs, because the screen is fine , but when I slowly close the screen, it goes white, but if I close it really fast it is fine, also the screen on the outside dont display anything... Because I broke my v400 right in half yesterday, and it stayed on until that ribbon broke apart.

dunnonuttin
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
hmm, i heard now that there are trojan horses that get into cell phones. might wanna have it checked;)