PDA

View Full Version : Electric Guitar?

FoxRacing81
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Who here plays an electric guitar? If so, what kind you play? and what type of music you play? Also how long have you been playing?

I have a BCRich Bronze Series Warlock with a small but decent Crate 15 watt amp. I play heavy metal (a lot of Pantera..there ****'s hard but it sounds sick..Dime was a great guitartest)

Who else plays?

We're trying to start our own metal band...got a pretty sweet song but it's still a work in progress...

-Justin

chucked
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
lol, you have one of the crappiest amps ever made. I play guitar and bass, I play bass in a band, I have a trace elliot half stack, 300 watts 4x10's, I will be gettin a sub soon, but I got a few other plans first...

blaster_rider68
04-19-2005, 05:03 PM
i play........i have a platinum series BC rich warlock and a epihone les paul

i play an assortment of different music and i have been playuing for a good 3 years now and never took a lesson

FoxRacing81
04-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by chucked
lol, you have one of the crappiest amps ever made

Let's put it this way...it's better then every other amp I have had...hell i started out with the worst possible amp ever, an Ibanez 10 watt....I spend most my money on quads so I haven't haven't bought much in way of guitar stuff.

-Justin

baker250r
04-19-2005, 05:30 PM
ive been playin for 4 years now, self taught. I got a johnson strat right now... ive had it since i started playing. sometime i am going to get a les paul... but i spend all my money on my quad. I use a 800 watt pyramid studio amp... i love it. i play mostly rock and heavy stuff. i just got down most of the killswitch engage songs. but i can preaty much play anything u want. i aint in a band tho... cuz i dont got time for that.

MichaelS693
04-19-2005, 05:35 PM
i play.. i got a epiphone acoustic, a ibanez performance acoustic, and a fender strat and a fender amp... been playing for 4 years and im self taught.. i play country, usually rock like candlebox, stone temple pilots, smashing pumpkins, nickleback and skynyrd pretty much everything except heavy stuff..:)

Juggalo
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
i have an ibanez..i wish i could find somebody to buy it from me tho. if any of you guys know somebody lookin for a guitar lemme know

Pvt. Maggot
04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I play..Have a custom washburn and a 1985 JAP STRAT with an emg in the bridge and floyd rose.

Pvt. Maggot
04-19-2005, 07:42 PM
heres a pic of the new picguard I put on it. changed the knobs and pickup covers also..need to get a new pic.

blaster_rider68
04-20-2005, 06:47 AM
that new pickguard looks sweet

YLW400
04-20-2005, 06:53 AM
I've been playing for about 10 years I guess, and still suck...lol I've got a Squier Strat, Les Paul Jr Light, Ovation Celebrity, Yamaha 12 string, and some off the wall acoustic 6 string (my first guitar) For an amp I have a Peavey Transtube Bandit 112, and some little Zoom pedal... I was fairly big in the band scene when I lived in WV, played in one for about a year, hit all the bars and parties....What a blast. I'd love to do it again, but no one to jam with, and no time. Play pretty much anything from John Denver, to Rage..... No John Denver jokes either :o :D

zephead400ex
04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
No John Denver jokes either :o :D

"...that John Denver's full of sh*t!"

:D

Quadfather
04-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Four of my six Gibson Les Paul Standards. Go ahead, it's OK to drool.

Quadfather
04-20-2005, 03:47 PM
My Ibanez RG570

Quadfather
04-20-2005, 03:48 PM
A couple of my Marshalls

schootar
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Very nice Gibsons, Quadfather. Nothing the tone or feel of a Les Paul.

I have a Washburn Steve Stevens signature guitar, an ESP EX and a couple acoustics, Peavy half-stack with a rack mount TubeWorks preamp and amp and a variety of effect pedals.

It all sits in the corner begging for attention that I don't have time for.

FoxRacing81
04-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
My Ibanez RG570

I so envy you!

Hey...since you got a couple of them amps, mind sparing me one or two?

-Justin

titianheel
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
how did yall learn how to play, i was pretty interested in starting

FoxRacing81
04-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by titianheel
how did yall learn how to play, i was pretty interested in starting

Well, I bought an Ibanez started pack that came with an Inabnez GAX10 or something liek that 6 string electric guitar along with a 10 watt Ibanez amp. The night I got it I played Smoke on Water by Deep Purple all night until I couldn't any more.

So first, get a guitar starter kit, and get a nice tuner (I use a KORG tuner...very very good tuner) and get someone at the guitar place to show you how to use it...if they won't show you, don't buy it there. Tuning your guitar is one of the most important things.

Next, just get the thing home and strum on it. Get used to it.
Then, look on www.mxtabs.net
MX has some of the best tabs out there...they also have some great tutorials for beginner guitar players. Learn how to read tabs and learn the tunings. This is the only way to be a good player.

Then just start with some easy songs!
a few are
Deep Purple-Smoke on Water
White Stripes-Seven Nation Army

then after you get used to it a little, try a little tougher.
maybe Velvet Revolver-Slither (just the main riff)

and work your way up. It'll take time, but I think it is very fun.

If you got any questions, let me know. Or IM me if you have aol instant messenger. my s/n is xxjman68xx

-Justin

titianheel
06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
sorry to bring an old thread back up but i have no clue where to even start once getin a guitar....like where to put hand and what a chord is. You know the simple stuff like how to read music.

06-09-2005, 03:14 PM
i have a fender american series stratocastor. sweeet guitar

Ruby Soho
06-09-2005, 03:36 PM
its good to see other people here who play

i have a fender fat strat Black

line6 spider112 amp

POS harmony

POS behringer

digitech deathmetal pedal

boss ds1 pedal

I also play bass and drums

but only at my drummers house with my band

Ruby Soho
06-09-2005, 03:41 PM
sorry to bring an old thread back up but i have no clue where to even start once getin a guitar....like where to put hand and what a chord is. You know the simple stuff like how to read music.

put your pointer finger on the 3rd fret E string (deepest string)

and your ring finger on the 5th fret A (second deepest)

strum those to strings. and you have powerchord

do that anywhere on the fret board and you can play songs just mess around

tabs from mxtabs.net are cool.

get a song. the number represents where to put your finger. so say if it was this:

e(lightest)-------------
b-------------------------
g--------------------------
d----------------5-------
a--------------4--4-----
e(deepest)-3----3----

pluck 3 4 5 4 3. simple, thats how to learn songs. to learn the strum you gotta listen to the song, unless the tab explains it
;)

Plante400
06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
wheres the Super V's!!!

i know a kid that its pretty ill on one of those.

titianheel
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
so how would i play this song...

http://mxtabs.net/tabs.php?path=Guitar,b,5664,Bruce+Springsteen,Empt y+Sky,49841

Scott-300ex
06-09-2005, 11:52 PM
im in a heavy metal band

i play drums

my friend taught me how to read guitar tabs and pick an easy to moderate song and i can teach myself how to play, i've even played some hard songs, easier songs are so easy, just read the string and fret, it is made so its easy to read

so i play drums, double bass of course, best addition to my drumset

we play drowning pool, some avenged sevenfold(my friends pick) MuDvAyNe(MY PICK!!!), fear factory(MY PICK), atreyu, and other hard stuff, we just got started a couple months ago and we already got about 6 songs REAL good so we're comin along good, now we just gotta start writin our own

next song im pickin is Determined by MuDvAyNe

and my bassist needs a new bass so if anyone has one for free they would like to give me, let me know

later

Ruby Soho
06-10-2005, 04:58 PM
so how would i play this song...

http://mxtabs.net/tabs.php?path=Guitar,b,5664,Bruce+Springsteen,Empt y+Sky,49841

it says error. but put your fingers where it tells you to. say its 5 on e (lowest) put your pointer on the 5th fret (second white dot) and do that for every number