PDA

View Full Version : i have bad luck i guess

XCredrider
04-19-2005, 04:12 PM
When we bought this R it was my stepdads. It was blown up then and we bought the stuff to rebuild it. We were told it was an 88 motor. We found out it was an 86 cause the piston hit the crank and wouldnt turn over. We sent the piston back and bought a dif. one. We got it running and started to break it in. It ran great but after a few hours it stopped. It had locked up. I guess the water pump seal was leaking and it sucked water into the motor and put the piston through the sleeve. So we boughrt a new cylinder and everything else which cost us about $900. Then we brought it to Florida on Vacation Christmas of 2003, When we got done breaking it in down here we started running it hard and it rippes. Then we stopped in the middle of ocala national forest for a break. When we went to go again... it wouldnt go in gear. The drain plug had fallen out and the tranny was junk. So when it was torn down, 4th and 5th were melted together along with everything else being broken in there. My mom since then has divorced him and I bought it from himn with a new tranny in it and a new topend. I put in new piston rings and a CR head gasket on it. I rode it and it was fine. After about the third time going to Ocala i was racing a short sand track. It locked up going into a corner nearly throwing nmy off the bike completely. I was running it too hard and it ran out of gas and leaned it out. I guess that is all it took. Im going to tear into her tonight and find exactly what happend. I will get back to you guys on that. Sorry for suh a long post but I just had to tell people what I go through to have a 250R. plus i had to let off some steam. OH well... off to the garage again! :cool:

baseballplaya23
04-19-2005, 04:30 PM
damn that sux so many probs but its always fun fixing stuff

baker250r
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
reminds me f wut i had to go thru with my craptor

bananas
04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
250R OWNERS NEVER GIVE UP... MAYBE NUTS WE ARE NUTS..

baseballplaya23
04-21-2005, 12:22 PM
aint that the truth ive only had mine for 5 months but i will never give up

250R Baja Rider
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Man. that really blows.
Don't give up. I'had my R for 17 years. Tore it down several times and have gotten very frustruated at times.

I don't know what it is, but I just don't want to let go.

Make sure you do a thorough inspection, take your time when putting back together.

pismoracer
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
would have to agreee on yall, im on like R number 10 or 11, in the past 5 years. I def have a 2 stroke love affair.

wilkin250r
04-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Granted, that sucks, but I have to wonder how much of it is directly your fault, and not just bad luck.

Water pump seal, bad luck. I don't expect anybody to be checking those sorts of things.

Drain plug fell out? Your fault, that should NEVER happen. You should be checking things like that often, inspecting your quad and tightening any loose nuts and bolts.

Ran out of gas and leaned out? Your fault. How in the world do you not check your gas periodically as you're out riding? I check mine every time I leave camp, and every 15 or 20 minutes as I'm riding. I always know exactly how much gas I have.

I realize that odd things happen, but it seems to me that a LOT of your unfortunate problems were preventable. How do you not check your gas?

XCredrider
04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Drain plug wasn't my fault... it was my stepdad's. It was his fourwheeler at the time and he had put it back together. Not me. It was also his when the waterpump seal went bad. And I also had checked my gas. It looked like it had enough but I filled her up anyways. I just was racing around longer than I though. Plus thins thing SUCKS gas. More than my uncles KX500. I plan on keeping it but I dont hold on to anything for long. If i do get rid of it ever I'll get another. :p

zedicus00
04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
actually i never check the gas... run it till it sputters once, stick it on reserv an head back to camp, fill er up...repeat.

JTRtrx250r
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
ya know... Ive ran outta gas enough to check all the time, and I thought pushing a bike was a PITFA!:rolleyes: :D :o

I fouled out my last plug 1 time about 4 yrds from camp(gave my spare to a pal who did the same:rolleyes: )and I finally said EF THIS and walked back to the rig:D .. I ALWAYS check my gas!

Pushin sucks!... smokin a motor and pushing is 5 times worse :o ;)

Quadude32
04-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Yup you live and learn for your mistakes:blah: