PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 450r !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

middleman102002
04-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Im not sure how to post in the Stolen atv thread so im posting here maybe a mod can move it or something

I had my 450r which was sitting on a trailer in my front yard stolen last night i live in the denver area so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it

thanks

chad502ex
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
so sorry to hear that. maybe someone will recover it for you.

good luck

drider
04-19-2005, 03:41 PM
got any thing to say. for us fellow 450r riders about , how to lock up, secure. our 450r's . I want to know. Make sure it wont happen to me. thanks..

middleman102002
04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
well it was sitting on a trailer and they took the whole trailer

i hope they where dumb and try and sell it but i seriously doubt it

the trailer had a lock on the tongue so they had to drag it or something

i guess just keep it in a garage or something

also i had a tether kill switch on it so hopefully they dont understand what that is and they cant start it

2MuchChi450R
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear, call all the local shops and see if you can't put up any small signs, we do personally when someone's bike is stolen. Have any ways to tell that the bike is yours other than a vin number? Like what's done to it?

MR.BIG
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
THAT SUCKS. I HAD MY 90 QUADRACER 500 STOLEN. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET IT BACK I WASN'T. MY 450R IS REGISTERED AND I HAVE THEFT INSURANCE ON IT.GOOD LUCK

HAVOK
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by drider
got any thing to say. for us fellow 450r riders about , how to lock up, secure. our 450r's . I want to know. Make sure it wont happen to me. thanks..

http://x10.com/x1Oactivehome.html?43a5371a3a1c37104266b91c

middleman102002
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
whats this x10 stuff i dont understand

04-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by middleman102002
whats this x10 stuff i dont understand a video camera that turns on with motion (ie: burglar) and records to VCR

middleman102002
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
thats a great idea i wish i had that before this happened

i should put something out in my driveway and use this camera and maybe the same guy will come back

komik
04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Thief's suck. I had my enclosed trailer stolen from my driveway a couple of years ago. Luckily I had just taken the bike out of the trailer that night. But it got recovered quickly, but no due to the cops. I found it myself then called them. I now lock the bike to the trailer with some good locks, not padlocks like master locks those are easy to cut. I use those thick Kyponite locks at least that will take more time and noise to cut. I also put a bike lock through the back sprocket so if they get the first one off they still have to remove the bike lock so it will roll. I then put a tongue lock on the trailer. It basically goes where the ball would go so they can't hook onto it. Plus another lock through the tongue latch. Again just another deterent. Yea it sounds like overkill but once you get something stolen, I'd rather spend 5min securing it as best I can. Thieves will get it some way or another but I sure want them to have to spend more time to do it so maybe, just maybe someone or myself can hear them in time to stop it.

Sorry to hear of you loss I feel for you. I've been there.

Tumbleweed
04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Effen thieves. I went out and got the biggest chain I could buy and covered it in black plastic split "wire loom" then taped the ends, so just one link was exposed. Then I got the biggest contractor grade padlock they had. I wrap it through the frame and then around the trailer, weaving it through the steel tie rail on the sides for good measure. The wire loom will keep the chain from scratching up your frame. They'll need a torch to get mine.

There's only one type of chain link that is bigger, I cannot recall the name but the link is made from hex shaped stock, it's made in Austria and is a couple of bucks per foot. Used on some high end bike/MC locks. I could not get it in a timely manner but am still going to at some point. The super thick braided cables that Lowes used to have are pretty good too. I went to get one for some other equip. and they only have the thinner 3/8" now. Also, if anyone cares...only NAPA has the large size wire loom around these parts.

Everyone out there should get something and sleep a lil bit easier at night. It was well worth the 60 bucks I spent on chain/lock. These bas-tids will see your bike on your truck or trailer, then follow you home. Then, it's just a matter of time before they try for it. If they see it's chained, etc. right from the start, they will likely pass on your rig and go for an easier target.

DirtDevilBT
04-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Overkill or no kill!

Let's see some pictures of your bike man! It's the best way to get the word out. And lets have the serial number too.

middleman102002
04-21-2005, 01:04 AM
i never got a chance to take any pics but the vin is

478TE30054A005588

i dont think im going to get it back it looks like im out 7000 dollars
that i didnt have in the first place

this kinda thing makes me real mad cause i didnt get insurance on it cause i barley had enough money for the payment already dumb thiefs i hope there dumb and try and sell it on ebay or at a dealership or something

but with my luck theyll tear it apart and sell everything

DirtDevilBT
04-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Is there anything that seperates your parts from others? Ex: you overheated the header and it is unusualy blue? Or you fliped it once and there are scratches on something that shouldn'thave any? Or you got overspray on something when painting? Or anything you can think of?

BSTURDIVANT
04-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Definately report it to your local Honda dealer so he can report to Honda- they will alert any dealer that uses that serial # for parts etc.

middleman102002
04-21-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah ive already reported it i think im taking the right steps ive even been driving around looking

what really gets me is i had the damn thing locked up and my truck was sitting in the way i really dont know how they got it unless they went through my neighbors yard about 100yards

i was home when this happened and even had 2 freinds over so they had some major balls there where 3 cars in my driveway

i cant belive i9 didnt hear it

middleman102002
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
well the cops havent heard anything has anyone seen a bunch of parts for sale from the same person

cummingetit
05-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm up noth in FT collins, I will keep my eye open and tell my friends at all of the local shops to keep there eye open. I have the vin.

good luck

Jordan

Honda
05-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I never used to lock my bike up, but my garage faces the road, and I was starting to worry that someone was going to see her sitting in the garage, and decide that they wanted to have it for themselves.

My Business was broken into twice in the last year as well, so now I am a little paranoid about this stuff, and rightfully so.

I now have it secured with a heavy duty bicycle style cable lock, I threaded mine through the front wheel, then around the frame, this will prevent them from rolling it out of the garage. Don't worry, that thing is like a half inch thick, not some weak piece of wire.

I also leave it in gear, this slows the thieving process down.

I am also looking into inserting an anchor into the floor, then securing a chain to it.

Another option would be to put a pad lock through one of the holes in the rear brake caliper, that will prevent it from rolling.

I could see them rolling it away, but they ain't going to carrry it very far.

Also, don't leave the keys in it, or teather if that is what you have.

I would never leave it on an open trailor, especially at night, and if you have to, make sure to lock her down.

It only takes a few seconds for someone to steal your pride and joy, take a few seconds of your own to make sure they can't!

If all else fails, hopefully I will have slowed them enough to grab my SW .45, I am a good shot also. ;)

fatkid400
05-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your quad, That sucks!! The bad thing is locks only keep the honest people straight.You can never have enough locks. Even 5-10 locks wont stop some. For some really good theft deterant go to stickdeath.com Look at their "THEFT DETERANT" systems:D We need to figure out how to apply these to our bikes.

Quadude32
05-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry to hear that Bro....I KNOW the feeling been there..........Good Luck I wanna see a Pic. of the tongue lock thru the Ball area on the enclosed Trailer...I looked at mine and now you have me puzzled:eek2:

middleman102002
05-13-2005, 10:16 AM
i dont have a pic and never took one
but its basically a stick with a lock on one end and you slide it through and lock it

it seemed pretty sturdy but like you said you cant stop a thief if they really want it

im sure the quad is either in a million pieces by now or its been sold to someone the only thing i can really hope for now is that if they sold it the persopn that bought it takes it in to a dealership for some work and the dealership sees the stolen vin number