PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

baseballplaya23
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
what is so good about the 88-89 clutch update? what all do i need to do it. someone told me that it was just doing bearings and thats it but im not sure. i have a EBC kevlar race clutch right now would the update even be any good with this clutch?

zedicus00
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
the update is always a good idea. i had the old style clutch and from use the ball welded itself to the end of the rod. the new style clutch has a pancake bearing a new pusher and a spacer to go on the bearing. it works tons better.

baseballplaya23
04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
so what all do i need for the update?

hy250r
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
just take off your pressure plate and there should be a round piece in the center. When you take it out, there will 1st be a metal cap and inside that there will be a metal ball that acts like a bearing along with the clutch rod.

You can buy a 88-89 clutch update kit at www.baldwinmotorsports.com he should have them in stock going for $80-$90. Tell Mark that Ben Williams sent you.

Then once you get the kit just install it. If you have a Clymer manual then if should have a exploded view of it. All what the update kit does is gives you less free play to it and the bearing wont melt to the clutch rod like the 86 -87's did.