PDA

View Full Version : clutch lever

Hondadudeehhhh
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Ok so here's my deal. I ordered a new clutch lever and perch that i got today. It's an after market clutch lever so it doesnt have the electrical stuff like the stock one. What i need to know is, will my 400ex still run if i cut the wires from the stock one? Im guessing the only thing it will affect is my ability to start in neautral but i want to be sire before i screw anything up. Someone fill me in please :confused:

04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
You need to cut the wires and twist them together put some electrical tape on them then tuck them away.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-19-2005, 12:59 PM
but it wont change anything really will it? there is a rubber thing the clutch lever pushes in when it isnt pulled in. It must activate something, just dont know what

theTman
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
just do what is stated above...cut the wires then tie them together and tape them off...thats all you need to do

04-19-2005, 01:42 PM
If you do what I said above your bike will run the same and start the same.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by gotcam?
If you do what I said above your bike will run the same and start the same.

k cool. thanks man

NacsMXer
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Please remember now that you've tied the two wires together, your quad will now start in ANY gear WITHOUT the clutch pulled in when you hit the starter button. The quad will lunge forward when this happens so keep this in mind to prevent an accident in the future ;)