PDA

View Full Version : Racing My Dad

RadRacer
04-19-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm gonna be racing my dad soon, hopefully this week-end. He has a 2002 Polaris Scramlber 400 4X4 which is totally stock. Think I can beat him with my stock 2001 300EX? It's most likely gonna be a drag race, so no turns or anything, just a straight away. I'm also thinking of buying the K & N Power kit. It comes with a DynoJet Carburetor jet kit, K&N airfilter, K&N precharger, and K&N service kit. It'll cost around $125 for it shipped. Good deal or no? I'm not really gonna be racing my bike, I just wanna give it mroe pep. I'm thinking of racing my Uncle though, he has a 2005 Polaris Predator 500, Troy Lee Edition. I don't think I'll be able to beat it.

Out_Sider
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
it will be close with that scrambler.. i've never rode a 400, but i rode the 500 fourstroke scrambler and it goooooooo's :bandit:

ml450r
04-19-2005, 03:28 PM
The scrambler or predator will outrun a stock 300ex. Don't waste your money on a K&N or jet kit, your SOL.

RadRacer
04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ml450r
The scrambler or predator will outrun a stock 300ex. Don't waste your money on a K&N or jet kit, your SOL.

SOL?!? What's That? Also, I was goin to buy the K&N Power Kit, which includes a K&N Filter, precharger, and a Dynojet kit. Is that a good deal for $125? I'm most likely goona buy it, even if it won't let me beat my dad, just for the gain. He thinks I might be able to beat him, cuz he has an extra 200lbs on his bike (him and then the 4WD) but he's not sure. If I do race him this week-end I'll tell ya who won....

ml450r
04-19-2005, 04:25 PM
SOL= $h*t out of luck

Your not going to get a gain from the dynojet kit, you'll just get a headache. The air filter won't do much for you either unlesss you put it on with a pipe or other mod to help move more air. $125 sounds high to me.
Merrill

44oEX
04-19-2005, 06:02 PM
don't get a jet kit, get a filter, pipe, then to rejet ( you have to ) buy seperate jets from a local shop for like 2$ each.

RadRacer
04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
don't get a jet kit, get a filter, pipe, then to rejet ( you have to ) buy seperate jets from a local shop for like 2$ each.

OK How much would a good, not loud pipe cost? I've been looking at the FMF Power Core IV Q Silencer. Is it any good? I want a pretty cheap pipe (not over $300) that will give me the most gain. What do you guys recommend?

44oEX
04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
well a pretty good pipe for the price is the fmf megamax. it's not the best but for the money it's good. alot of my friends are running that pipe on there 300ex. look on here for a used one.

RadRacer
04-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
well a pretty good pipe for the price is the fmf megamax. it's not the best but for the money it's good. alot of my friends are running that pipe on there 300ex. look on here for a used one.

Will do. Thanx for the help. Just got $500 to buy parts for my truck, but I might be able to talk my parents into letting my use it on my bike. If so, then I'll be getting a pipe, and hopefully the 250R hood (love that way that looks!!). If I do, I'll post pics for ya guys...

xx3003xrdrxx
04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
dude definatley not a megamax they suck! get a real pipe not sum ***** fmf get a yoshi or a curtis sparks , they are real pipes

RadRacer
04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
dude definatley not a megamax they suck! get a real pipe not sum ***** fmf get a yoshi or a curtis sparks , they are real pipes

Ya. I'm saving up for a Yoshi pipe. I'm not sure if my local ATV dealer has jets and stuff, cuz I need to rejet with my new pipe. The closest thing to me, is a Polaris dealer. my whole family is goin polaris, except me, like they always say, "If you're not riding a Honda, You must be pushing a Polaris!" My dad got stuck the other day. he has 4WD,but no one else but him got stuck, and they all had 2WD! It's all the extra weight. It created a suction and that's hwy he was stuck. Back on topic, LIke I said, I'm saving up for a Yoshi pipe, and a K&N Power kit from C&D.

4trax250x81
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
In a drag race hell beat you, but add some turns and youll beat him.