PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Bay, Land between the Lakes

bagsxd40
04-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey guys,
I haven't been there in about six or seven years, was wondering what it was like these days, I am planing a trip there in a few weeks. Let me no if much has changed or if there is anything I need to know. I know I used to have a blast there.
thanks

jcs327
04-20-2005, 09:04 AM
I havent been there since september of last year cause uncle sam sent me to iraq, but i rode there for 15 years up until then. Things are not like they used to be there. The big race track is fenced off and there is no drag racing. $15 to ride 3 days. no doubles anymore. there was a rumor going round about no mudding anymore. They patrol it pretty heavy now too, so be careful about cutting donuts and riding wheelies. It is still a great place to ride, but not like it used to be. i started taking my family to a place in KY called Paddy's Bluff. It is a great place to ride, but a little farther drive for me. they have a web site paddysbluff.com I believe. i met the owners and they are great folks that run a top notch operation. i plan on taking a ride there when I go home on leave. You should really check it out, Turkey bay is not what it used to be.

smr
04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I was one of the guys that rode at Turkey Bay every weekend until about a year ago. Here are some things you need to know.

Call before you go. They may not even be open the day you arrive.

Stay on the trails...supposedly cross country travel is illegal.

If you bring adult beverages keep them out of sight and don't haul them on the quad (they will check you cool if you run into them on the trails)

Do not ride in the mud holes....for some reason this is also illegal.

Mostly..if you see a ranger go the other way.

It's still a fun place to go but not like it was.

jesshamner
04-20-2005, 10:09 AM
How big is Paddy's bluff? How is it for sport quads?

smr
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I think paddy's bluff is about 600acres. I haven't been yet but I've got sevrel buddy's thats been going. They say it's nice.

They had someone get killed there last weekend so you may want to call before you go.

jesshamner
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by smr
I think paddy's bluff is about 600acres. I haven't been yet but I've got sevrel buddy's thats been going. They say it's nice.

They had someone get killed there last weekend so you may want to call before you go.

If you want to go check it out sometime...give me a shout. I might be up for it if I get a day off on a weekend.

hardkoratvmxr
04-21-2005, 06:27 PM
paddys just had someone get killed there like 3 days ago

jesshamner
04-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear that someone died there. I still want to go to check it out. I'm not scared to ride anywhere.

smr
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
If you want to go check it out sometime...give me a shout. I might be up for it if I get a day off on a weekend.

Sounds like a winner..I will be going after the end of the MidSouth series.

400excaleb
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
how did that person get killed

02400exracer
03-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I used to go to turkey bay untile about a year ago because the rumors are true. No getting in mud holes, drag racing etc. I started going to paddys bluff, and its so much better. great trailes camping areas, and more they also have a shower, and a water hose to clean your quads. I was told the guy that died was drunk, riding at night and backed over a cliff also he had no helmet. Over all great place and nice people.

pug288
03-03-2006, 08:19 PM
The guy that died was in a jeep NOT A QUAD. It turned over and you know what happened. I heard he was drinking, but don't know if he was drunk. Paddys is a great place to go. I live so close I hear every thing that goes on and it gets really load some times