PDA

View Full Version : Baja

duke416ex
04-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Anyone know when the baja is or any of the details, like rules and regs, pit stops, stuff like that.

Dan229
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Go here (http://www.score-international.com/) for info about the Baja

Vtr_Racing
04-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Baja 500 is the beginning of Jun and the Baja 1000 is in November.
Pitting very straight forward, you can get about 50 to 80 miles per tankfull depending. Divide that by the amount of miles and that will tell you how many stops you need. Pits arent to hard to get to. More dangerous driving on the roads with the other pit traffic. We call it pit racing,lol.....

duke416ex
04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
I woul love to run it, but I would have to totally redo my bike and the entry fee is a lot for never having been in that country to know what it is like.

socallen85
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
first step buy Dust to Glory the movie or steal it

then log on to www.atvbajatours.com take a tour

then if yur still as crazy come chase( follow from pit to pit) a quad in the Baja 1000.

not to sound harsh but it takes a lot of time, money, blood & guts LITERALLY! see you out there!

duke416ex
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Trust me, the blood and guts don't bother me, it wouldn't be the first time my quad has hurt me. The big prob is 1. I am across the country, and 2. the money part. I would make the time if I had the money.

baja_racer
04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Spectate a few Baja races first...learn the in's and out's....Baja can be very unforgiving.

Dan229
04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
duke,

Mike Penland runs the Baja every year and he lives in GA. Maybe you can talk with him and hitch a ride out there (share fuel, food, hotel, costs etc...) and be part of the chase crew. He typically takes off 3 weeks (which is why I haven't gone with him yet as I can't get that sort of time off from work) to pre-run the course and get everything set up. PM me if you want his number.

One of these days, I hope to get out there and do as Socallen suggested and just check it out first. That is a wild race on an open track with a lot of difficulties and I don't think I would want to just jump off into that race. Heck, each leg Mike and his crew does is over 200 miles! Racing 50 at the GNCCs about beats me to death...I would certainly like to give it a go one time in my life but I think the wise thing to do is to tip toe into that water.

duke416ex
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I see your point and everyone else's too. There is no way I can just jump in, and like you Dan, I can't get off work that long. I just hope to be able to run it one time, or atleast maybe one of the smaller races. It won't be this year for sure, I don't have the funds available to do it, I am definatley putting it on the list.