PDA

View Full Version : Predator plastics

tucson450r
04-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Does any one know where to get some new plastics for the pred?

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 12:04 AM
FULLBORE! :devil:

polaris bob
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
I just got in a set of the factory white ones and they look great, and they are about half the price of full bore!!!

tucson450r
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Where did you get the plastics from?

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 11:52 PM
white is nice also , Bob, hows the white hold up to scuffs and such?? I hear black and white are hard to keep looking clean?The only thing I had a hard time with Fullbore was cutting off about 300.00 off the front fenders! :eek: :scary: :p It has taken some abuse and held up very well, even the chrome Tank cover which I expected whould be looking bad by now.

polaris bob
04-20-2005, 01:18 AM
I ordered my plastics from Doug's shop. They were the only dealer I called that had them in stock and ready to ship. I just got them in the mail today, so I don't have any info on scratching or cleaning yet. But if they are anything like my old 250R then they will do just fine. I had a set of factory white plastics on that one and also a set of maier shiny plastics. both held up rather good IMO.

The one great thing about white is that if you bend it in a crash you don't get those nasty bend lines in them.

I hope that quadpit will have his graphics kit out in the near future as I would like to run a full set like he is making for his quad!!

QuadJunkies
04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
yeah those graphics were freakin COOL! :cool: One other thing we noticed about the fullbore was they are more "pliable" than OEM, have they changed the new models plastic any? I knw we busted up two sets after two monor flip overs (well, on to side) and one time the weight of the mud cuased it to snap the rear fender right off! :eek2: I flipped the Preddy pretty good this winter and if left no marks on it , now my freinds Vforce has that harder plastic and it shattered into pieces .. LOL Anyhow, so whats the white running in price ?? Are ya going to PC your frame too or did you have that done already?

polaris bob
04-20-2005, 10:32 AM
The plastic seems to be as flexible if not more so than the stock 03 stuff. I got the front and rears for $115 EA. The nose piece was $60.

I plan on having the frame done in a candy/ anodized red color with the swing arm in shiny black. I have not decided on what color to do the a-arms in yet.

QuadJunkies
04-20-2005, 10:39 AM
thats gonaa look really nice!:)For the AArms, You could always go Chrome :devil:

polaris bob
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
No chrome for this boy! I have seen a few a-arms that were sent out to be chromed and after words watch as they broke from poor quality control at the chrome shop. The acid dip can be a real pain to get out from the inside of the tubes and if it is not fully neutralized will cause the metal to rust out from the inside.:huh

polaris bob
04-20-2005, 10:45 AM
I am thinking of either going with the frame color or black to match the swing arm.

tucson450r
04-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Do you have the contact info where you got your plastics from?
Thanks.

polaris bob
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I got mine from Nicholas Cycle.click here (http://www.nicholascycle.com./)

predatorkick@$$
04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
def fullbore!!:devil: