PDA

View Full Version : any turbocharged EX's out there?

05-15-2002, 05:41 PM
:devil

05-17-2002, 02:55 PM
on my 250r i have a balanced chevrolet 355 set sideways in the frame with a turbocharger and fuel injected alcohol (it is one loud mother) edelbrock carb and heads, no not really but that would be badass!!! LOL

flaneledholes
05-17-2002, 05:10 PM
I have a turbo charges raptor and it hauls *****. It will beat anything in west virginia. I love it althjough I have $11000 in it. Cant buy too many more toys now:cool:

frogburner
05-17-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm glad you put this post on here, because i was wondering after you put on a turbo, how the jetting works... Would'nt the jets be rich at idle and lean at top end???? how do you do the jetting after you install a turbo???

flaneledholes
05-17-2002, 07:55 PM
My raptor came with an efi, Im pretty sure they all do if not it would be all screwed up!!!!!!
EFI is electronic fuel injection just incase someone asks:devil

fat400
05-17-2002, 11:14 PM
a raptor with efi and turbo??????? hold on while i get my shovel cause i'm calling bull$hit on that. show me the pics

Chef
05-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by fat400
a raptor with efi and turbo??????? hold on while i get my shovel cause i'm calling bull$hit on that. show me the pics

You dont believe its possible? check out dirtwheels month before last...or marty @ quadshop...

flaneledholes
05-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Fat400 you obviously dont know what your doing so do me a favor and shut up cuz my raptor could kick your *****. Please stop getting in others buisness.:eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

Wheelie
05-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Any TurboCharged EX's Out There

No.....mine runs on French Fry oil and Farts....

RAPTORAZ
05-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
My raptor came with an efi, Im pretty sure they all do if not it would be all screwed up!!!!!!
EFI is electronic fuel injection just incase someone asks:devil

I would like to see some pictures as well. What injection system is it utilizing? What does it use for boost reference? Is it intercooled? Water or air? Inquiring minds want to know.

Revin300EX
05-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Somebody find a raft... the SH**s getting deep.

I remember an issue of ATV sport a WHILE ago with a guy in Puerto Rico who put a turbo and a custom pipe on his 400EX. It took a disgusting amount of time and research to pull off.

So it IS possible...

But, is EFI and whatever else on a Raptor? I dont know... I want to see some pictures before I am completly convinced.

Lorduss
05-19-2002, 09:47 PM
"I remember an issue of ATV sport a WHILE ago with a guy in Puerto Rico who put a turbo and a custom pipe on his 400EX. It took a disgusting amount of time and research to pull off. "

2 months ago in Dirt Whells, it showed a guy from puerto rico who turbo charges quads.
he had a turboed raptor and 400ex, doubled the power. with turbo and pipe.
ill have to read it again to see if there was any other mods,
infact i think it might have been the mag where it shows the 700ex honda prank. or maby the next issue. defintly awesome.

JustRace
05-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Like mentioned above Marty has a turbo raptor and it was the May 2002 issue that had the turbo EX and raptor in it.

Doesn't it get really annoying when people are so quick to cal BS when they themselves don't know what they are talking about.

fat400
05-22-2002, 11:50 PM
BUT EFI I DON'T QUITE THINK SO AND FOR WHOMEVER THINKS THEIR RAPTOR IS BAD *** ENUF.........JUST BRING IT

I WANT PICS OF THE EFI AND WHEN YAMACRAP RELEASED IT ON A PRODUCTION QUAD........UNTIL THEN IT IS BULL$HIT

Scott
05-23-2002, 05:46 AM
Raptors come from the factory with twin carbs. EFI would be a custom job.

And the guy in Puerto Rico only rode the street and drag raced.

MOFO
05-23-2002, 06:09 AM
You guys need to relax and do some reseach before you call BS!! There are EFI kits for the 400EX & Raptor (note I said KIT, not stock from the factory) I've seen pics of a 400EX with a turbo that is using EFI instead of a carb.