PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara, OK 22-24

kssandduner
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Anybody else going to be there?? Our group will be down there sometime on friday and leaving sunday. It'll be a gaggle of 400ex's my 450R w/nmotion graphics, and the turbo charged subaru powered long travel sandrail.

Joe

kssandduner
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Did anyone else make it down over the weekend?? Holy *****!!! The razorbacks were freakin crazy!!!! There were like five foot drop offs on the backsides, you didn't even have to try to jump them, if you hit the top of the dunes with any kind of speed you would fly off them, and then drop about five foot back to the sand! It was awesome, I can't even describe it, and no pics. Other than the jumping, the highlight of my trip was meeting a chick on Raptor, after she rolled it while riding wheelies up the big dunes. After I helped remove the Raptor from her body she came up and talked to me for awhile, but when she left she said she had to go find her "better half." I was excited to meet a chick down there that rides, so that was kind of dissapointing, but oh well. Please tell me someone else was down there to witness the crazy razorbacks!!!

Joe

29FTEX
04-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I was there this past weekend. The wind was blowing something terrible Friday. The sand blowing off the top of the dunes looked cool.

There was the blonde girl drag racing on a Banshee that was good looking.

Saturday the wind had died down and was an awesome day for riding and racing.

Did you see any fast 450Rs at the drag strip?

kssandduner
04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Did you see any fast 450Rs at the drag strip?
Yeah....me!! There never seems to be many Hondas out there racing, they always seem to just sit on the sidelines and watch. If you seen a 450R with Nmotion graphics it was me. I did my best to beat as many yamahas as I could! After the wind died down friday evening, the rest of the weekend was nice. My dad was showing off in his buggy a little bit saturday evening, he was pulling some pretty awesome downhill wheelies in the rail.

Joe

29FTEX
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't sit out at the drag strip all day, but late Friday afternoon and several times on Saturday I was out there racing.

The only quad close to me (other than the strictly drag banshees) was a built YFZ on alcohol. Whoever won depended on who got out the hole first. My 520 was putting a smack down on just about everything out there.

It would have been cool to meet up with you.

kssandduner
04-26-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't hang out at the strip all day either, but I am surprised we didn't run into each other down there. On saturday when I first got to the strip I lined up with a group of fourstrokes, and right before the guy that was starting dropped his hands my bike died, and everyone else takes off and leaves me sitting there all by myself, so I just sat there and waited for everyone else to come back. I'm not sure I seen the alky yfz, there was a white yfz that backfired everytime they revved it up, but it was fast once he got it going. It had the worst sounding exhaust I've ever heard though. I would have loved to seen your 520 put the smack down on everyone, but like I said before, everytime I was at the stip I was about the only 450R that would line up with everyone else. I figured once one 450R would line up the others would want to run too. I think the others must have found my Nmotion graphics intimidating! LOL!! To this day I haven't lost a drag race on the sand to another 450R, I would have been in for quite a shock if you would have lined up next to me!!

Joe

29FTEX
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
I'm not sure I seen the alky yfz, there was a white yfz that backfired everytime they revved it up, but it was fast once he got it going. It had the worst sounding exhaust I've ever heard though.

Joe

That was the guy w/ the alcohol. It was fast. He cracked his +4" swingarm late Saturday, so he quit racing.