PDA

View Full Version : Big Proablem with herrmann 250r aarms...

mrusk
05-15-2002, 05:10 PM
I got herrman +2+1 aarms for my 250r. I am having alot of trouble getting them on. I have the tops and bottoms mounted to the frame properly. I have the bottom bolted to the spindle fine. Bolting the top on to the spindle is where the proablems being. To mount the top balljoint to the spindle after the bottom is already attached to the spindle, you must lift the spidle(and lower aarms) and top aarms up to just get it in the spindle whole. Than once it is connected, the bottom aarms sit parrall with bottom frame rails?? What gives? I already called brad herrmann up and he told me i proably just have to adjust the ball joints. I tried that and it does nothing.

Am i doing anything wrong?

matt

Leo
05-15-2002, 07:30 PM
If both ball joints ar turned all the way in, turn the top ball-joint out about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.... The bottom ball-joint should be turned all the way in.. (you'll still have to fine tune the camber after you have it all together, but that should be close... at least it was on my 400EX)

My 400's did the same thing with both ball-joints screwed all the way in (which would have also resulted in about 2 inches of camber :().. Once I turned the top ball-joint out, it was smooth sailing.

You can see in the attached picture how the top ball-joints is screwed out, and the bottom is screwed in.. Wound up with about 5/8 of an inch caster, in at the top of the wheel..

Leo

RoostinOna400ex
05-15-2002, 10:41 PM
are you sappossed to put the nut between the ball joint and arm because I put the nut on the inside of the a-arm! Did I do it wrong?? :huh :confused:

cdalejef
05-16-2002, 03:23 AM
Yes, the nut goes on the outside of the a-arm!

Leo
05-16-2002, 04:07 AM
I wanted to keep the width as narrow as I could, and keep as many of the upper ball-joint threads in the arm as I could..

Leo

RoostinOna400ex
05-16-2002, 02:53 PM
Does it hurt anything with the nut on the inside??