PDA

View Full Version : 400ex suspension ?

flyin'weazel
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm looking new suspension for my 400ex. In your opinion what's the best brand for hard woods riding. I'm thinking hard about ohlins since they are made an hour from where I live (do they still make atv shocks?). Also considering custom axis but not sure how they are for the woods. I have heard that it is hard to find someone to work Elka in my area. Any thoughts?

ti-ex
04-18-2005, 06:51 PM
elkas all the way, i just out a new set on the front of my 400 and a love them

liloldbie
04-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Elka's or Axis. Those will do you good.

400exdave
04-18-2005, 10:57 PM
works tripple rate with rezzies :D :D :D :D

Ex'r Marlin
04-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Since you asked, "what is the best brand for hard woods riding"... I would have to say either Axis or Elkas. Both of them do a lot of R&D to keep up with our demands.

Personally, on my 400EX, I have had Elkas for several years now. I recently changed my old Elka rear shock to their more recent style... Plus I got the Elka suspension link... Very nice!

I do not know where you are located, but I had no trouble getting my Elka shocks... And getting them serviced by C&D.

Best wishes!

2000400EX
04-20-2005, 05:49 AM
I ride woods and trails too and I'm gonna be getting a set of the Elka Recreational Series front shocks here REAL soon. Then I'm gonna have the stock rear stock converted to SSD (to match the fronts) and rebuilt/revalved to my weight/riding style. I researched this myself as to what shocks would be good for woods and I've concluded that Elka's would be my best bet. Sure, Works shocks would probably work just as fine, but for the prices I found between the Works and Elkas the Elkas aren't that much more in price and everyone says they're a much better shock. Elka is getting my hard earned money!:blah:

honda92
04-20-2005, 08:39 AM
What about the TCS tripple rates with rezzy's? they have ssd and are compression adjustable. i found a place where you can buy them for just under $700. but i havnt heard too much about them.