PDA

View Full Version : stolen package

Werx615
04-18-2005, 04:58 PM
anyone ever had their ups package stolen before? i had sum stuff coming from rocky mount atv and sumbody stole it off my front porch. i called rocky mountain and they said they would have to do a follow up with the driver and it would be 7 to 10 days, think ill hear from em again?

02 Red Rider
04-18-2005, 05:09 PM
That sucks, I know. But it may not be stolen. I had the exact same situation and it turned out that the UPS driver delivered my wheels and tires to the wrong house. That's why they contact UPS and have the driver retrace his steps. I'm sure if it is stolen though, Rocky Mountain will make it right.

BTW - get the tracking number and call UPS also.

JOEX
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I haven't had that problem yet but it worries me that UPS & FedEx just leave stuff on the porch. I always track my packages and try to be home as soon as possible on the day of delivery.

I wonder if you can have packages delivered to one of those shipping stores? That may be an option.....

Good Luck:)

Werx615
04-18-2005, 05:47 PM
the package that was stolen was delivered thursday and there was another one delivered friday that i waited home for and the ups man didnt even knock on the door

ballisticpb
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I haven't had that problem yet but it worries me that UPS & FedEx just leave stuff on the porch. I always track my packages and try to be home as soon as possible on the day of delivery.

I wonder if you can have packages delivered to one of those shipping stores? That may be an option.....

you can get them to keep it at there hub... or have i have all my orders redirected to my work... you can do all of that via ups.com

Mxjunkie
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I ordered from Dennis kirk not to long ago and a few of the ups trucks were stolen with my parts in them lol. They refunded my parts and everything and over nighted them

JOEX
04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
you can get them to keep it at there hub... or have i have all my orders redirected to my work... you can do all of that via ups.com
I've picked up stuff at the hub before but it's kinda far and the hours don't always work for me. I like the idea of shipping to my work if the will let me;)

roostin_dale
04-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Our parts are usually delivered when i am home at Lunch Break. So i get them inside..

Ralph
04-18-2005, 06:03 PM
i work at a ups store and we had a person get something stolen from their door and ups covered it. they are always good when it comes to covering lost/stolen/damages items.

Ralph
04-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

we usualy only let out customers/mailbox holders have stuff shipped to our store, otherwise it becomes too much of a hassle. What you can do is have the shipper require a signature.

JOEX
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
we usualy only let out customers/mailbox holders have stuff shipped to our store, otherwise it becomes too much of a hassle. What you can do is have the shipper require a signature.
That makes sense:)

The problem with requiring a signature is they usually only try so many times before returning the package. Another option is to have a trusted neighbor accept the package.

47501exracer
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Quit using UPS!

Ralph
04-18-2005, 07:33 PM
you can leave a small note telling the driver to leave the package on the back porch if you feel unsafe about him leaving it on the porch. If it was me i would also write on it to get rid of it as soon as he reads it so noone else my read it. either way a small post it note is alot less noticable than a big brown box.

kwatts400
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Werx615
anyone ever had their ups package stolen before? i had sum stuff coming from rocky mount atv and sumbody stole it off my front porch. i called rocky mountain and they said they would have to do a follow up with the driver and it would be 7 to 10 days, think ill hear from em again?

I had that happen to me recently. I just reordered the stuff because I didn't think it would be worth the hassle for $40.

04-19-2005, 12:45 PM
somebody stole out of west nashvile? NO WAY!?!?!? J/k...when we gonna meet up and ride?