PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Help Needed

project R
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
So I have my front brakes bled but one wheel locks up very easily while the other takes more pressure to and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of why this might be happening? There seems to be no air in the system and there isnt even one air bubble in the hose when I bleed the one caliper that dosnt lock up as well.

cdalejef
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Pull your caliper mounts appart and grease the pins. This should be done everytime you change your pads.

project R
04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I will try this, but I havent replaced the pads, just new lines. For some reason after I bled them one wheel will easily lock up when I pull the lever and the other wheel dosnt have as much stopping power. The wheel which dosnt stop as well dosnt have air in the lines because when I open the bleeder screw theres no air in the hose.:confused:

cdalejef
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
There can still easily be air trapped in the line. I've had to bleed brakes for an hour in the past to get all the air out.

project R
04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
An hour? Thats not bad at all, the yfz brakes are a pain, it took me over an hour to even get some pressure in the lever. Now its very firm, but when braking the left wheel locks up and skids and the right dosnt, the right one does stop though, because on looser dirt it locks up also.

K_Fulk
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
You might have an air pocket at the top of the caliepr maybe? Try putting it on the grabbar ( with the master cylinder closed up and full). And see if you get anymore air out.

Or if you could reverse bleed it ( push the fluid from the bleed valve to the mastercylinder). That would do the trick too.

Deffinatley grease your pins too.