PDA

View Full Version : 400 Choke Removal

Chino886
04-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Can someone tell me what they used to plug the hole that the choke removal created?

D

KawaBoy
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Why would you want to remove the choke?:huh Mine is so cold blooded, it wont hardly start w/o the choke on a 60 degree day.:macho

Wingman
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
ii had a friend that removed his choke. he ended up putting it back in because it helped starting it. i'n my quad i just up the size of the pilot jet and that helped starting even in the cold. i'm running a 4 2pilot and stock is a 38

nosliw
04-18-2005, 08:18 PM
i went to carquest and bought a vacuum plug. 5/16" ID i think..... also a small hose clamp at the base of the plug just to be on the safe side.

absolutely no starting problems with no choke. it may be in my head, but i think it starts BETTER now. just 2-3 full pumps of the throttle, hit the button and feather it for a minute in cold weather. i installed a 42 pilot jet too.

kilabeez0
04-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by KawaBoy
Why would you want to remove the choke?:huh Mine is so cold blooded, it wont hardly start w/o the choke on a 60 degree day.:macho

looks like someone needs to do some research. up the pilot to a 42 and u wont ever need to mess with a choke again. i was embarassed at how long it tooke me to get my 400 to idle before i finally upped the pilot and removed the whole thing. best cheap upgrade i've done.