PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my stocker

Alberta_Qaudin
04-18-2005, 10:44 AM
well first pics of my bike on here little muddy from riding yesterday but some of it washed off in the rain

Alberta_Qaudin
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM

44oEX
04-18-2005, 11:05 AM
man I think you need new bars :D . Or maybe it's just the way the pic looks. anyway looking good

NacsMXer
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Eh, those carbon steel bars are cheap, but no stronger than Laffy Taffy :p The stem looks pretty tweaked too, but cheap to replace. They're only like 40 bucks from Service Honda so no big deal. Nice 4 hundo though, lookin' pretty stock! :)

Alberta_Qaudin
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
the after market parts will be comin this year, for the trail riding i do it does the trick though, and yea the bars and the stem are bent, did it the first weekend i owned it, rolled it doin about 40-50 mph, didnt look close enough and thought it was the bars but its that plate at the top of the stem...someone had said honda is doing a recall on them for the 2003-04 models cause they're weak.

NacsMXer
04-18-2005, 12:10 PM
I didn't know there was any recall on the stems.....that may be just a rumor unless there is evidence to back it up. All stock stems are made of pretty mild steel so I don't think it's an inherant flaw with the 400 unless the 03-04 models are extremely weak.

I toasted my stock stem in a rollover this summer, my Tag T2's were completely fine but the stem was bent back right above the clamp. What happens is that clamp isolates the area above it, and when a bunch of stress and leverage is applied to that small area, the stem bends. 40 bucks later, I got a brand new stock stem and I'm back in business.

I'm going to continue to replace stock stems instead of buying an aftermarket one because it's better for the stem to bend and absorb the stress/impact than for it to be so strong that it displaces the stress onto your frame instead.

Alberta_Qaudin
04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
i did mine over a year ago and i have just been riding with it like that no biggie really just never got around to putting a new one on, but i think all i'm gunna do is pull the handle bars and grind off the mounting plate at the top that is the part thats bent and re weld it on, or get the welder here to do it anyways.

and apparently they had it on the news that o3 and 04 modles of the sportraxx atvs have been recalled sue to weaknesses in the stearing stem

NacsMXer
04-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Yep, you can always try to fix it too if it's not that bad of a bend. I wonder if they used too light of a grade of steel on the 03/04's....there's not really much you can mess up when building a steering stem ya know?

ReconRider25
04-18-2005, 07:55 PM
i have an o3 and it looks like theres a crack goin from the welds at the bottom by the bearing up halfway up the stem.....perfectly straight...:confused: im gonna keep ridin it till it goes though. ive never rolled a quad in my life.:D have took out a stump in the woods though.....dead stump went a good 10 feet.:p

Got nads?
04-18-2005, 09:06 PM
where did you go riding?

Alberta_Qaudin
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
went out to Bruderhiem for a couple hours, lots of mud to play in out there, it'll end up drying up pretty quick though i'm sure. thinking on making a day trip or a weekender this weekend out towards Boyle or back to Bruberhiem

Got nads?
04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
we were out there on sunday and didn't see to much mud.(I avoid it anyway.) What day were you out?

Ex'In_Alberta
04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
we were there sunday too......there was one mud pit right at the end of one of the stagin area's and if you come into the park from the road that passes the school it starts off with a rood 50' mud run right off the start, i guess thinkin of it there wasnt much except for a few places but they were big deep mud holes.......i love runnin the mud

Ex'In_Alberta
04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
were u in a group of 5 or 6, cause we passed a bunch of modded quads when we first got there, nice lookin machines. mine being stock i dont mind abusin it or burying it as deep as i can, had to take it easy this trip though cause my g/f fell off the back last time we went riding and kinda got me nervous about the whole passenger thing