PDA

View Full Version : Latest MSN virus

Alberta_Qaudin
04-18-2005, 09:47 AM
K so has anyone gotten this yet.....my g/f clicked the link by accident and now my comps. screwed can run anything and it took me like 3 hours to get it into safe mode....I'm wondering if anyone knows the file name for it so i can track it down in safe mode and get rid of it

ok so i got it fixed, its called malicia or something on those lines, and it also has an attachment called W32/Bropia.E.worm and its sent to you using a bunch of diff. file names like HOT.PIF, LMAO.PIF, Ect. if you get it you can get the instructions on how to remove it from, and you dont have to click on the link to get this one.

http:/securityresopnce.symantec.com/avcenter/venc.data/w32.bropia.removal.tool.html

and to get rid of the malicia one you just have to find it in your comp and clear out all your temp files and cookies, took my g/f about 3 hours to get rid of all the attachments and shiet, but it did do a number on my comp in the mean time

blaster_rider68
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
when did this virus start?

LuckyOxygen
04-18-2005, 02:40 PM
My friends no mind sister accepted it and his computer is pretty much not usuable. Be carefull on msn. It starts by ppl trying to send files that say things like "Jenifer Lopez upskirt" "Naked college chicks passed out" "see my lesbian friends" <<thats the one where I knew it was a virus when a churchy girl tried sending it. But the ppl dont send it, the computer does to everyone online. and it jsut freezes your comp. up and crap...

blaster_rider68
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
my comp has been running slower than usual,but my anti-virus system hasnt picked up anything..........i hope it isnt anything

ballisticpb
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
my comp has been running slower than usual,but my anti-virus system hasnt picked up anything..........i hope it isnt anything

your issue could be caused by spyware. try Mirosoft Anti Spyware (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en)

as for the MSN virus... i have not seen anything like that come thru the shop yet.. i will keep my eyes open