View Full Version : hrc cam = loosing botom end?

mirza450
04-18-2005, 06:23 AM
ok here's the thing,

my friend has a yzf and when we race i get a better take of but he catches me right away like in third and keeps taking some distance he has the cam mod, team alba exh+needle, and a rev box. Mine has only a curtis spark ceramic exh, uni filter and is jetted to perfection (finaly!) it puls kinda good now i want to get a cam i know that there is bottom end cams, mid range and top .

here's the tricky part the hrc cam give mid and top but is it true that you losse alot of botom end. what i would like is to not sacrafice botomend but gain mid and top and maybe cath up with my friend.

if they all make you lose botom end is it a notice able decreace in power. am i gone a have a much slower take of than the yzf.

im a new and starting mx racer but im taking it verry seriusly and i practice every day and want to take it to the next level im trying to make the best choce on a cam and dont want to regret it later...

i need some advices

thanks!

04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Allthough I've never ridden my 450r without the hrc kit installed, i do think it laks some bottom end, i am planning to throw on a 13 tooth front sproket which will hopefully remedy that. You WILL beat your friends yfz when you hit mid to top end with the hrc cam, i garantee it. It pulls real hard 3rd gear on up.

exrider44
04-18-2005, 10:09 AM
The hot cam stage 2 is a good all around cam you may want to look into that as well.

MR.BIG
04-18-2005, 11:18 AM
The hrc cam works great with an aftermarket exhaust. I installed
a power now kit in mine and it gives a good boost off of bottom end.

kssandduner
04-18-2005, 12:54 PM
The hrc cam works great with an aftermarket exhaust. I installed
I agree. I even went back to my 14t sprocket when I got my exhaust.

Joe

Jersey450R
04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
HMF Pipe + HRC Cam = STRONG BOTTOM and GREAT TOP