PDA

View Full Version : Cannible??

Foxrage
05-15-2002, 02:44 PM
My friend has the exact same 4 wheeler as catfish with only like 2 hours on it and is selling it for 6000. It is the older one with the ohlins shocks. He said we could switch a couple things around before i sell mine and buy his. I plan on selling my 400 as is except it will have stock cannondale tires and rims on it. How much do you think i could get out of mine? Do you think i should do it? Thanks

PS if i do get what are some good upgrades i should get for it?

AlaskaSpeed
05-15-2002, 04:49 PM
NACS,
I think you should do it, but be aware that the Cannondale's require a bit more maintenance time than our 400ex's did. As far as upgrades, definitely nerfs, a silencer and remap to MOTO or BLAZE mapping. You really don't need much at all for upgrades to the motor or performance, my stock SPEED leaves piped/jetted Banshees and 265R's in a drag race; and does great on the track too. Just some food for thought..........JIM

Foxrage
05-15-2002, 05:26 PM
I will def get it re mapped i was thinking more on the line of suspension it has the speed shock setup but i plan on getting wider a-arms and probly elka shocks like this one

Foxrage
05-15-2002, 05:28 PM
Oops heres the pic also i would like to get a sparks pipe and some handle bars.

05-15-2002, 06:27 PM
what maintence is required on the canondales that must be done more often, just curious, have u had any motor troubles alaska?

AlaskaSpeed
05-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Freeride,
This is not a "sport" quad such as the 400ex, it is pretty much an out of the box "race" quad; which requires more attention to detail on maintenance. No, I haven't had any motor troubles, my front end is not failing as you say they do and all is well.
This is a fuel injected, high compression, computer controlled quad with lots of potential problems should you not do the simple preventative maintenance. I wouldn't go back to my 400ex for anything, one ride told me that. JIM

Foxrage
05-15-2002, 07:14 PM
I cant get the pic put its the one on advanced atvs website.

05-15-2002, 08:24 PM
u guys got me convinced they are not as troublesome as ive heard....and...now i want one..how much power do they have compared to any other production quad such as lt 500 or ds650

dawzie
05-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Well we had a 440 stroker EX and our Cannibal is a little bit better than that but not quite as fast as our YZF426 EX:D

Dave400ex
05-16-2002, 10:22 PM
I would just be Careful about getting one of the C-Dales from last Year. They had more Problems. Tne only Problem I have heard for the C-Dales now is Over Heating. Nac`s had that Problem at Red Bud.

AlaskaSpeed
05-17-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I would just be Careful about getting one of the C-Dales from last Year. They had more Problems. Tne only Problem I have heard for the C-Dales now is Over Heating. Nac`s had that Problem at Red Bud.

With WarriorMan's way of thinking you better not buy one of the new Chevy pickups either, I know someone that knows someone's aunt's sister's grandmother that has one and it had a headlight burn out....those things are nothing but trouble I tell ya, nothing but trouble.
Where do all you people WITHOUT ANY actual REAL seat time on a Cannondale find all these problems for Cannondale? Do you search the web until the wee hours of the night looking, digging for something?
It's just funny that people who actually own Cannondales aren't having the same mass problems that the non-owners keep pointing out. One more thing, the Earth is round; not flat.............:o JIM

Dave400ex
05-17-2002, 09:03 AM
I don`t have anything against Cannondale. I would take one in a Heart Beat. I was just saying that the Nac`s Race Team had some Problems with Ocer Heating. Maybe it was because Red Bud was really Muddy. I wish Honda was doing what C-Dale is for the Sport of ATVing. We need more Race Teams like Nac`s.

AlaskaSpeed
05-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Nothing personal against you, WarriorMan; just tired of hearing all this second hand bs about Cannondale's being unreliable. Most of the time the people spewing this stuff have never ridden, owned or seen a Cannondale at all. JIM

Dave400ex
05-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Yeah I agree. Cannondale is Great for this Sport.

05-27-2002, 12:10 PM
my best bud races a cannible in our district xc races and is sponsored by our local shop....and he is thanking god they are helping him....bike has missed several races due to charging problems, bike runs a few laps then goes dead, batteries are getting fried...overcharged ,Cannondale has replace regulators ect..still had the problems....bike is now 6 months old and has been sitting in our local shop now for 2 weeks waiting for parts...Parts still waiting for 1. CRANK 2. ALL NEW TIMING GEARS AND CAMS 3. Misc. other parts...He's still going to give the bike one more chance..Im wondering whats going to happen when the bike is out of warranty...**** will freeze over b4 i think twice about buying one....my 2 cents...