PDA

View Full Version : Production 450 opinions

Mxracer53
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
My opinion is that honda and yamaha had 2 different goals.yamahas goal was to make a fun,racer,production quad. and they did.hondas goal was to make a fast,fun,multi talentad quad that sells. and they did more than ever.

middleman102002
04-17-2005, 10:08 PM
i think honda may have looked into it a little more than that i think they wanted a machine that racers could use but also the average person could use and use well

i think there design borrowed alot from the 250r

kickstart
great ergos
nice engine (250r was nice for its time)
good suspension without being to harsh
and last but noe least the typical honda relibility

i mean dont get me wrong i like the yfz but when all my friends (they all have yfzs and hate the 450r) and i go out on a ride and they spend 1 to 2 hours fixing stuff it kinda makes you wonder

now i know someone will come on here and say that im wrong and the yfz is the best machine on the planet but i cant agree with you when the only time i see them running is when there being broken in

also you have to think about it this way not everyone thata buys a sport quad is looking for the best mx racing machine on the planet i do agree that out of the box the yfz does a better job of that but lets see a bone stock yfz beet a 450r in the woods
lets see it run in the dunes on crappy california gas and run as good as the lower comppresion 450r

lets see it do alot of things the 450r does good

im not trying to flame yfz owners but im sick and tired of everyone saying yfz this and yfz that

just remeber not everyone ride mx in the world

benwa450r
04-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Amen to that!

Both are great bikes and both have pluses and minuses. I'm glad they have both.

Don't want to flame anyone but anyone that has to bash the other to make theirs look good... is not that good.

turboTony
04-19-2005, 02:10 AM
People can hate my quad all they want. I'm the one who rides it.
If you like one or the other, it's you who has to ride it. There's no reason to "hate" a machine. Unless of course you can't keep up to it. :D