PDA

View Full Version : Case Saver Question

RampageSTi
04-17-2005, 08:57 PM
I just installed a Pro Design case saver on my 05 Z400. This might be a dumb question being this is the only ATV I have ever owned but here goes: The stock front sprocket cover comes off to install the case saver. It doesn't look like it can be reinstalled with the new piece in there. Is there anything I can do to cover it so my riding pants don't get caught in the sprocket or chain? Maybe the stock cover does go back on somehow and I am just slightly retarded? Thanks.

atvfrk10
04-18-2005, 02:44 PM
If you get a new one your stock comes off, and i dont think youll have a problem with your pants, ive never hered of pant being caught in the chain

ThomasAAnderson
04-18-2005, 09:12 PM
i saw a guy dragged 100' because his pants were cought in a chain Result: life flighted out, didnt live long enough to get to the hospital.

RampageSTi
04-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Depressing. On a brighter note, I figured it out. If anyone else runs into this, just re-use the longer stock bolts with the new case saver and stock cover. The new bolts that come with it are meant just to install the case saver.

plkmonster2
04-23-2005, 10:55 PM
I've gotten one of the laces of my boots caught in my ex. It really sucked. Crushed my foot pretty good until the lace snapped.