PDA

View Full Version : Convincing parents to let me get a Crotch Rocket

toby400ex
04-17-2005, 08:29 PM
My whole family is just completely against motorcycles. No one in the family has any experience. Ive been thinking about selling the 400ex and my truck to get a car, but I dont think I will be happy with a car alone. With the money from the quad I could get a decent bike. How do I convince them, my nieghbor, which is my age pays around $20 a month for liability insurance on his Honda 600. What should I do, id just come home with it, but then i wouldnt be able to get insurance without my parents help.............:(

Mxjunkie
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Insurance sucks on them, unless you can get a parent or someone of the sort to put it in their name for you. Thats what I am doing when I get one, My dad wont let me get a street bike after coming out to watch me ride one and I went flying past him in 4th gear standing on my seat riding a wheelie on my dirtbike. :o

bigbadbrad
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
you have to rember that forgivness is easier to get then acceptance

trick250r
04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
if you can figure out a way to convince the parents, tell me too

04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
my dad is already convinced, i told him that im going to start to work... he says: its not the same if i help you with some money that pay for everything..... in less words, take your lazy *** off the couch and start working :D hehe, im doing well in school that'll help a lot too man. thats why he bought my quad. and if i come out of high school with good grades we are gunna go like 50/50 with my truck :) . call me momma's boy but thats like how mexican parents are :rolleyes: :D

sharkinthepool
04-18-2005, 11:11 AM
:D HaHaHaHa:D Good Luck!

derekhonda
04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
when i got my first crotch rocket, i was 16 and my parents hated the idea. I found many I liked, but they always found a reason not to let me go look at it. Finally, I found a good deal, it was a 96 cbrF3 and was only 2800 (probably worth about 3600)

I convinced my dad (a business man his whole life) that this was a business venture. I could buy it, ride it for a couple months, and sell it and actually make money on the deal. After he realized it wasnt that bad of and idea i did just that. Now they know that I am responsible and can take care of matters myself.

**ALSO....look into taking an abate course. Its a couple hundred bucks and a couple of nights long, but they supply you motorcycles and knowledge needed to be a safe motorcyclist. Maybe after you pass the coursee your parents will feel better about it.

zedicus00
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
you have to rember that forgivness is easier to get then acceptance

yup, i just bought one and showed up on the driveway with it... after the toung lashing i let my dad right it. he came back with a grin from ear to ear and never said another word about it.

drider
04-18-2005, 04:24 PM
AH man, Sounds all to familiar! When i tell my folks i want to get a motor cycle. They tell me, you could get a motorcycle when you move out! What?? This is weird because they let me ride ATV's,Dirtbikes occasionally(friends) But all i can say, is i guess theres a time for everything. My cousin got a motorcycle in his early 20's.yrs. He told me if he had a motorcycle when he was 15,16,17yrs. he probably wont be here living. So,, i guess i'll just wait until i move out!!.. I think everything is safe , just use common sense. be responsible, look out for crazy drivers? Rite??

KWAD GAWD
04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Quote "I jumped a stock ranger at 80 miles an hour in a residential neighborhood. Eye witnesses said we were at least 8 feet in the air and we measured our skid marks where we took off to where we landed was 108 feet. But the only porblem was when we hit the ground the right front i beam broke in half. Needless to say we couldnt make the up and coming turn. Cranking the wheel I proceeded to lock up the brakes and slid into a parked car up a curb and into a wall. So what does that tell you. Mind you we were the sh** for the moment but all in all Im outta a truck now. I will post some pics of it. But what really counts is the cop said it was bad *** and let us off with a 55 in 25 speeding ticket!"

Why are you inlcuding that idiotic quote in your signature?
Don't get a street bike, you obviously aren't mature enough to drive without being dangerous let alone ride a crotch rocket.

Can't people post interesting threads anymore?

300ex_rider1121
04-18-2005, 06:09 PM
my dad got his first real bike when he was 13
he had minibikes before but this was his first real bike

P.S. HE NEVE3R GOT INTO A WRECK the worst that ever happened to hi mwas a piece of wood flew up off the road and hit his leg

toby400ex
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Quote "I jumped a stock ranger at 80 miles an hour in a residential neighborhood. Eye witnesses said we were at least 8 feet in the air and we measured our skid marks where we took off to where we landed was 108 feet. But the only porblem was when we hit the ground the right front i beam broke in half. Needless to say we couldnt make the up and coming turn. Cranking the wheel I proceeded to lock up the brakes and slid into a parked car up a curb and into a wall. So what does that tell you. Mind you we were the sh** for the moment but all in all Im outta a truck now. I will post some pics of it. But what really counts is the cop said it was bad *** and let us off with a 55 in 25 speeding ticket!"

Don't get a street bike, you obviously aren't mature enough to drive without being dangerous let alone ride a crotch rocket.

Quit being a ***got, its a funny quote, to show..............some people are jackasses. Its not me anyway, my ranger is lowered, I prefer not to jump lowered trucks. Much less a street bike. Ive managed not to killmyself or anyone else on the 426, responsiblility isnt the problem. Ive bought all my **** since I was 13, been working ever since. Theyre afraid of a car or something hitting me, most people dont have much road sense when it comes to bikes, as in cutting them off because they dont notice theyre there.

04-18-2005, 10:35 PM

Shut up newbie, that's all we have to say. haha and whos the mature guy?? i mean.. u actually wrote like a whole story.
:ermm:
haha i think that you should have my last name haha

derekhonda
04-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
Shut up newbie, that's all we have to say. haha and whos the mature guy?? i mean.. u actually wrote like a whole story.
:ermm:
haha i think that you should have my last name haha

your calling someone a newbie?

lets see, april 18-2005 subtract december 28-2004, wow, not even 4 months! you should look into retiring from the site you old fart.

bigbadbrad
04-19-2005, 08:06 AM
hey tobey i just noticed that you are from kc, mo
i am going there again this summer for skillsusa, you got any good places to go over there, and some good places to eat other then gates and the such, and how about some local places that are not know to well. and any places that we could rent some bikes or quads or even mopeds? I all ready know about worlds of fun by the way

KWAD GAWD
04-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Hmmmmm, hey buddy, I think you spend too much time on the computer.
637 posts in 4 months is pretty lame, you should get out of the house more.
It just sucks having 16-year-olds post crappy threads constantly, especially when they're bragging about foolish & dangerous stunts they say they've pulled. (Boo)

You must be a "A NEWBIE" or else you'd realize nobody on this forum wants to hear about you jumping your truck and wrecking it, and the cop telling you it was "Badass" (yea right!)...

04-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
your calling someone a newbie?

lets see, april 18-2005 subtract december 28-2004, wow, not even 4 months! you should look into retiring from the site you old fart.

first of all i never said i wasnt a newbie, and second why is he talkin' chit when someone is asking something? answer that question. this is an open forum and open forum stands for

Open Forum
Open forum, off-topic posting allowed. If you have a specific question about your EX please post it to the appropriate forum! Keep it clean!

correcty me if im wrong, im a newbie but i least i respect people. and dont flame anybody.

04-19-2005, 10:56 AM
It just sucks having 16-year-olds post crappy threads constantly, especially when they're bragging about foolish & dangerous stunts they say they've pulled. (Boo)

You must be a "A NEWBIE" or else you'd realize nobody on this forum wants to hear about you jumping your truck and wrecking it, and the cop telling you it was "Badass" (yea right!)...

and where does it says that is a requirement to answer to those threads? you can just skip them bud ;), but nooo, you have to post some long *** thing that has no sense, whos the inmature in here.

oh and the reason that im always here is cus i dont get to ride my quad during the week and this is the only way i can get closer to a quad.

toby400ex
04-19-2005, 11:48 AM

You must be a "A NEWBIE" or else you'd realize nobody on this forum wants to hear about you jumping your truck and wrecking it, and the cop telling you it was "Badass" (yea right!)... Sorry buddy if you're on your period, but im not 16, and im not boasting about some stupid stunt, so suck it dry.

derekhonda
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Sorry buddy if you're on your period, but im not 16, and im not boasting about some stupid stunt, so suck it dry.

Im about sick of messing around with this, but bottom line why is it in your info? Are you trying to brag? are you trying to demonstrate a friends stupidity? Doesnt make much sense to put something someone else did in there.

04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
stop bickering kiddies

toby400ex
04-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Im about sick of messing around with this, but bottom line why is it in your info? Are you trying to brag? are you trying to demonstrate a friends stupidity? Doesnt make much sense to put something someone else did in there. Its in my info because I ****ing wanted to put it there. I dont know the guy. Its something I read on another forum, that I thought was funny. Jesus christ, whats the big deal? Maybe I just didnt feel like putting my "mods" in my signature like everyone else.:huh

derekhonda
04-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Its in my info because I ****ing wanted to put it there. I dont know the guy. Its something I read on another forum, that I thought was funny. Jesus christ, whats the big deal? Maybe I just didnt feel like putting my "mods" in my signature like everyone else.:huh

haha, ok chief, maybe ill put your quote in my info, then we will both be cool :muscle:

Racing Rice
04-20-2005, 09:07 AM
MY only suggestion is to take all of the step possible to prove to them that you are responsible enough to own one. Take an MSF class, and get your license before you even get a motorcycle.

There is no great way to talk them into it. I would suggest starting small though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~thebradfords/startsmall.htm

zedicus00
04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
one more thing... i love seeing stupid peeple on motorcycles doing wheelies an crap through town, you just know they are gunna remove themselves from the gene pool b4 they become parents.

toby400ex
04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
haha, ok chief, maybe ill put your quote in my info, then we will both be cool :muscle: Kick ***