PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze,Oil,Headlights.HP?????

426WARRIORMAN
04-17-2005, 07:49 PM
I just got a 04 KFX400 and Im new to this type of quad and was wondering what type of anti-freeze Im supposed to use? Also what type of oil and where do I check the level? Is this a pressurized system cause I found a cap on the black tank and unscrewd it and oil started pushing out..So thats why Im thinking its a preasurized system. Is that where to check it?
Also neither headlight works low or high beam? is there a fuse somewhere? Bulbs look fine. Last but not least.. How much more hp do you get when you full pipe and jet it along with performance filter do you get over stock?
Thanks for all you info.

Brown450R
04-18-2005, 08:25 AM
I just use regular automotive anti-freeze safe for aluminum radiators. If oil came out of your tank when you unscrewed the cap it is either way over full, or you checked it when it was hot. Hot oil expands. check it when it is cool. There is a dipstick on that cap you removed. There is not pressure in that tank unless something is wrong somewhere. As far as your head light, if the bulbs look good, the first thing to check is to make sure your ignition key is turned all the way to the right. If that doesn't turn them on, there may be a fuse, I don't know. There is a connector near the headlight you could check to make sure is clean and connected. Otherwise, Tape a flashlight to your handlebars.

426WARRIORMAN
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok Kewl!
Thanks Man.
It was hot when I checked the oil.
The key is all the way on so I will look into a fuse location.
Thanks

adema
04-19-2005, 06:06 AM
as for a headlight i took my stockers out and bought car fog lights and that works fine for me bright only thing is it has to be 12 volts no more or you blow your fuses. then all you have to do is find the hi or low beams and hook it up to that.