PDA

View Full Version : pro armor nerfs

rooster_20
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
anybody have any pro's/con's bout the pro armor nerf bars with the added heel gaurds built on? i think they are the ones for bout $175 in rockymountain thanks!

QuadJunkies
04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
they are a GREAT Nerf!! I love mine , I just added the Rath foot pegs . I guess the only real BAD thing about them was the bolt was on the smaller size and Mine broke last wk end,had to size up one on the bolt and heely coil(sp?) its not going no where now! :D Im personally not a big fan of AC,especially after seeing how my Daughters mini nerfs looked and cracked after one use. :ermm: but THATs JMO. Pro Armor makes good products :)

rooster_20
04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
thanks might get some :D

TC426EX
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I have some and theyre good for the most part. I like the integrated heel guard, but I really need to go to a set of pro pegs with a lower/wider peg. As for the pro armors, keep in mind that if they bend at all back (like mine did) youll have problems with clearance of a 20" rear tire. Mine are on their last leg. From being bent back, the aluminum mounting tabs that mount into the footpeg are snapped off so I got em zip tied between the grooves in the peg. Its still solid since its bolted in the front and side still, but kinda jerry rigged. I did a no footer one time and landed with my foot on the nerf instead of the peg and it snapped the nerf bar off at the frame. Ive had that rewelded and its been cool. Overall Id say Im about 70% satisfied with them, but Ill be grabbing some AC or X-factor pro pegs next for sure....