PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

yellow400ex05
04-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Since its the time of year again where people are starting to get their quads stolen i was wondering what is the best lock to buy to lock up your quad, or whats the best method of keeping your quad as safe as possible?

I think you get the idea.;)

I-7
04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
What I do is I use a long master lock and put that through the chain or the rear brake rotar. Where do you store your atv when not riding it. If its in a garage or something try to find something large that you can chain it too and park a vehicle in front of the garage door so that it will be hard for a theif to get in. They also make motion censored alarm systems that arent too expensive and when its set, any motion will be signaled to the reciever which is basically only handy when your sleeping or when your in the house. When your chaining your quad to something else, make sure you always chain it to a place on the frame where it is welded, not something that you can just take off to remove the chain (we learned that the hard way). But to give a good answer you need to be more specific on where you keep your quad when your not riding it.

nebjamin
04-17-2005, 06:37 PM
many ways! one way is to hire Mr. Smith and Wesson and put a sign up that says something like this, Those found here at night, Will be found here in the morning.

yellow400ex05
04-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by I-7
What I do is I use a long master lock and put that through the chain or the rear brake rotar. Where do you store your atv when not riding it. If its in a garage or something try to find something large that you can chain it too and park a vehicle in front of the garage door so that it will be hard for a theif to get in. They also make motion censored alarm systems that arent too expensive and when its set, any motion will be signaled to the reciever which is basically only handy when your sleeping or when your in the house. When your chaining your quad to something else, make sure you always chain it to a place on the frame where it is welded, not something that you can just take off to remove the chain (we learned that the hard way). But to give a good answer you need to be more specific on where you keep your quad when your not riding it.

I usually keep my quad chained to my brother's two dirbikes with two average normal chains on my axle. The locks I use are code locks.

JOEX
04-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by I-7
The key there is to have multiple layers of security:) But don't give out specifics on your storage;)

thrasher_ex
04-17-2005, 06:49 PM
insure it, then if it gets stolen or totalled u get new quad!!!........but to lock it up i would recomend like chaining it with a HEAVY chain and lock to something SUPER HEAVY or permenantly stable

duke416ex
04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nebjamin
many ways! one way is to hire Mr. Smith and Wesson and put a sign up that says something like this, Those found here at night, Will be found here in the morning. [/QUOTE

I agree, also get a big dog that would love to rip someones leg off if they tried stealing it. Oh, insurance is good too.

insaneracin2003
04-18-2005, 08:42 AM
there is a lock i seen the other day that holds the brake calipers,(kinda like a boot the cops use),not that i have any axperience with that :devil: .but they look to hold the machine so it will only roll about 4 inches.

chucked
04-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Fort Knox