PDA

View Full Version : WB E-series lower bracket

Blysster
05-15-2002, 12:38 PM
How many of you have broken the lower backet on your white brothers e-series pipe? I've gotten mine welded 3 times and it broke again. I think I will just take it off.. it seems strong enough with only the top braket anyway!? I can't stand that rattling noise and to get it welded every other week.

Also, while we're on the white brothers subject, what will the long term effects of not running a spark arrestor be? I have heard it's hard on the valves and also that it won't make any difference.. so which one is it?

05-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
what will the long term effects of not running a spark arrestor be? I have heard it's hard on the valves and also that it won't make any difference.. so which one is it?

I've never heard of not running a spark arrestor is bad on valves,,running without a silencer is but no spark arrestor:confused: That's a new one on me..:huh

Also it seems as though the biggest selling 400ex pipe,,WB E-series is turning into a POS from all the complaints about it lately. I remember months back they got behind and couldn't make them fast enough or something of that nature,,,and I made a statement that all the E-series pipes are probably gettin thrown together half arse and out the door with it,,now it's showing I guess..:confused:

05-15-2002, 06:46 PM
man, did some one hit u from behind, i rolled backwords down a hill and hit a tree to break mine, or did u try and remove it and some how broke it?

Smoker
05-15-2002, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't just go without the lower brace, I've seen the top one break too. Have it reinforced, maybe even fab a new bracket all together, a beefy one. Mines cracked right now and when I fix it it's not going to break again. :p

Blysster
05-16-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by 440
man, did some one hit u from behind, i rolled backwords down a hill and hit a tree to break mine, or did u try and remove it and some how broke it?

Nope I haven't wrecked the 400, yet. I haven't been hit either.. I do bottom out once in a while but I don't think that would be why it keeps braking!?

Maybe I'll just go see a different welder this time.

05-16-2002, 08:11 AM
Mine is 3 years old goin on 4, but i am takiing it off and putting the stocker back on for riding around here, but when i go to the dunes and such i will put the E-series on for hte rides

eldoexrider01
08-13-2002, 07:33 PM
i was searchin for e series failures and round urs. mine broke in the same place. my e series is the NEW one with the support bracket on the pipe to canister conjuction. ima call em up and get a new one and sell it.

Wheelie
08-13-2002, 07:46 PM
The lower bracket has broken twice on mine. The second reweld has held for over 5mos. Correct if I'm wrong, isn't WB reinforcing the front bracket from the factory now?

Don't run that pipe with only one bracket, thats asking for trouble. When you reweld the front for the 4th time, reinforce it to ensure you have no more failures.

crazy canadian
08-14-2002, 01:11 AM
my e series broke there as well. i had it tig welded from a guy @ work. it's been about 6 months and no more problems. it's twice as strong as before.

skemp
08-14-2002, 01:27 AM
I haven't had problems with mine, but I got mine a long time ago, mostly before the big rush after the DirtWheels shootout.