PDA

View Full Version : Well i pulled a dumb one

middleman102002
04-17-2005, 03:16 PM
ok so i was out riding this weekend and when i got to the track
my 450r wouldnt start and i couldnt figure out why i kicked it over about 300 times before some guy with a yfz came over and parked near me and said you haven trouble getting it started so i said no its my new excersice routine

anyway he kept sitting there saying how nice push button start was and was really pissing me off needless to say he said hay i bet it wont start cause you have you pipe clogged

i thought he was just being an idiot until i went to the back of my bike and i had the water plug still in the pipe

wow im dumb

anyway my question is can that hurt anything inside the engine or is everything ok

also after riding about an hour it was running like crap

oh yeah the guy on the yfz tried to make a 100 ft table top and crashed real bad and broke his electric start switch off

then i made fun of him and was like looks like you cant even start it at all now huh
it was funny

asdf450r
04-17-2005, 03:25 PM
haha i guess what goes around comes around eh? :)

shouldnt hurt it kicking it all those times, but what do i know

New450r
04-17-2005, 03:38 PM
My friend did the same thing on mine but mine started it sounded funny than poof I looked over and there was my wash plug on the ground

roostin_dale
04-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Hmm, i left mine in my old 250x all the time. When i would kick it over the plug would just blow out.

Out_Sider
04-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Hmm, i left mine in my old 250x all the time. When i would kick it over the plug would just blow out.

i do it all the time with my 300ex.. i have the dmc so i got 2 of them beasts in the pipe, and it'll just shoot them far... especially when u hold the throttle a good bit when u pres the button, lol

:macho i dotn think it'll hurt anything

middleman102002
04-17-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah you dont wanna hold the throttle on the 450r while kicking it but i guess it didnt shoot out cause i kinda jammed it in anyway
it seemed to run fine tonight i went for a night ride and it ran great so i think its ok

oh yeah by the way i found another good thing about the 450r compared to the yfz

the entire kickstarter assembaly is only 35.27 from service honda
the entire electric starter assembaly for the yfz is about 450 dollars give or take a couple dollars

so it look like where out alot less then they are of course when there electric starter goes out i guess they could just get the 125 dollars kickstarter kit

400exredrider
04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
atleast the guy was trying to be helpful.... i love kickstarts,, dont have to worry about a battery goin dead on fire up

400EXracer74
04-26-2005, 12:25 AM
yea sometimes i miss my button that i had on my 400 ex but with the kicker no more worries about having a dead battery on a trail or fouling a fuse and any of that stupid **** that went along with a battery. a kick start will always work and never die. But the thing will kick you in the shin pretty hard if you let go of it at the bottom. i have done that a few too many times.

kwatts400
04-26-2005, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by middleman102002

oh yeah the guy on the yfz tried to make a 100 ft table top and crashed real bad and broke his electric start switch off

I hope he didn't get hurt too bad when he crashed.

middleman102002
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
he only hurt his ego which was huge

jeepnrocks
04-26-2005, 09:48 PM
not to defend the yfz but iuts starter system might only be 425 dollars but if the r kickstarter kicks back and cracks the case that 450 bucks will seem pretty nice for most people. :eek2:

400exredrider
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
chances of either happening arent really to high but a starter goin out is more likely than cracking the case

Raptorride
04-27-2005, 11:56 AM
That guy is just gonan have to get a switch i got one for like 15 bucks for my raptor when the button started acting all funny. The guy was just trying to help you were the smart *** first so dont go feelin special cuz he wrecked.

middleman102002
04-27-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah i know he only needs a switch but i was saying if you had to replace the whole system its more expensive

also youd only crack the case if your an idiot and hold ythe throttle wide open while kicking

hondaracer305
04-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by middleman102002
ok so i was out riding this weekend and when i got to the track
my 450r wouldnt start and i couldnt figure out why i kicked it over about 300 times before some guy with a yfz came over and parked near me and said you haven trouble getting it started so i said no its my new excersice routine

anyway he kept sitting there saying how nice push button start was and was really pissing me off needless to say he said hay i bet it wont start cause you have you pipe clogged

i thought he was just being an idiot until i went to the back of my bike and i had the water plug still in the pipe

wow im dumb

anyway my question is can that hurt anything inside the engine or is everything ok

also after riding about an hour it was running like crap

then i made fun of him and was like looks like you cant even start it at all now huh
it was funny

thats not very sportsman like of you :rolleyes: . sorry, i just dont think its cool to laugh at someone for crashing, especially over a jump that large...

fatkid400
04-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74
yea sometimes i miss my button that i had on my 400 ex but with the kicker no more worries about having a dead battery on a trail or fouling a fuse and any of that stupid **** that went along with a battery. a kick start will always work and never die. But the thing will kick you in the shin pretty hard if you let go of it at the bottom. i have done that a few too many times.

Hey guy with a bruised shin,dont let go of it at the bottm and wear your boots.MY brother in laws 250x kick starter was bent:huh and my foot slipped off :mad: I walked with a limp for days:D