PDA

View Full Version : 14 T sprocket...pros & cons??

BIGRED400
05-15-2002, 12:27 PM
How much will I lose with a 14 T sprocket ,I hear it is alot faster out of the hole....I usually don't go over 3rd gear but like to get there fast,alot of tight trails...........THANKS

dariusld
05-15-2002, 12:45 PM
I did alot of other mods when I did my 14 sprocket so its hard to tell the difference the sprocket made. I bought a cheap one,$7, so if I didn't like it I could change back. The main thing I don't like about it , you hit the rev limiter REALLY quick especially in first and second gear. I would change back to my 15, but I'm lazy. It took me like 10 minutes and $7. I would try it just to see if I like it or not. I got the sprocket from rockymountainatv.com.

VegasEx'r
05-15-2002, 01:26 PM
The 14t will give you quite a bit more bottom end. I think you loose like 4-5mph on top, but since you're rarely into 4th or 5th, you wouldn't miss it. It does make 1st gear kinda useless (unless you are climbing some monster hills). You might end up using 2nd, 3rd & 4th, but depending on how far into 3rd you get & how long you stay there, you might end up with a bad shift point (I don't know how to explain that-I mean you'll be ridning under conditions where 3rd is too low, but 4th is too high, or you'll have to shift a lot between 3rd & 4th. For a couple of bucks though, it's worth giving it a try to see what you think.

ChadEXer
05-15-2002, 01:37 PM
Its good for drag racing!!

Zingnut
05-15-2002, 01:45 PM
For the tight woods I ride in it was a god sent. I was always shifting from first to second in the corners that there was to much traction. Now I just use a little clutch and throttle and the second gear spins me through no problem. I feel it was a good change for my needs. But then again I rarely ever even hit 4th gear on the trails I ride.

Texan32
05-15-2002, 01:57 PM
These guys are right. i will give you a bunch of low end. It also gives you the option of going with taller tires if you wanted. I figure for 10 bucks, its worth checking out. Heck, i've blown 10 bucks in MUCH WORSE ways....