PDA

View Full Version : review of WRH modifications

QuadJunkies
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
We just had my Sons Mini Eton Viper 50 modified( 70 top end 50 bottom end) He races with mainly 90's and modified 90's and holds his own fairly well, not to mention he is the second youngest racer out there and managed to take a third in the modified Chamiponship this year!! We decided with as much investment that we have put into his mini, we would go ahead and stick with it one more year and do some small modifications to it . Billy Holt at WRH suggested we try adding porting out the exhaust, 20 mm Carb, Carbon fiber reeds, and we ended up getting a new Cylinder . We got it all back together this wk end so he could have the new piston broke in before WORCS race next week.The differences in the top end and mid range were VERY noticeable!Enough that it put his butt on the back of seat by his grab bar!! But after that, he was ready for it!!This was a great inhancement in perfomance to add to the 50cc Eton Viper and I stongly reccomnd it if your into buying mods for your Wee ones 50 or 70 mini if you want to squeeze a little more time on a smaller quad. If it was a true 70 it would be walking right with my Daughters Kasea 90 ( not that he still doesnt beat here from time to time! lol!! ;) ) WRH also makes a great race pipe.
Thank You WRH for always doing such a great job !!!

jst
04-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Did you get the carb problem figured out?

Off the subject.Would you be interested in a set of yellow Viper plastic complete with seat and brand new gas tank?

QuadJunkies
04-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by jst
Did you get the carb problem figured out?

Off the subject.Would you be interested in a set of yellow Viper plastic complete with seat and brand new gas tank?
Never really thought about buying any ,but PM the proce and maybe we might buy :)

We havent had time to sit and fiddle with the carb just yet,hes going to work on it this wek, so Im sure Ill have more questions soon ;)

AtvMxRider
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Never really thought about buying any ,but PM the proce and maybe we might buy :)

what is a proce:ermm: ?

:devil:

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Price*

SmartAzz :blah: :D

AtvMxRider
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Price*

SmartAzz :blah: :D

;)

Sweetazz:devil:

mxmike17
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
We are running just about that same set up and it rocks!
He defantly suprises alot of 90 riders with it:macho

QuadJunkies
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mxmike17
We are running just about that same set up and it rocks!
He defantly suprises alot of 90 riders with it:macho
sweet!!!Whatgearing do you feel works best ?? We are going to be running bigger tires this wk end for the WORCS race since its mainly Sand , I need to get his boy a CDI box!

mxmike17
04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I like 19/28 most the time with 16 inch tires on it.

With 18 inch tires I would probly try a 35 on the back or 17 on the front.

reese5171
04-26-2005, 11:07 PM
my son raced against brandon this last weekend and the way troy has that bike set up rocks. weston was telling me on the way home he sure wishes his bike sounded and went like brandons does,so i guess i had better be looking at the calendar and figuring out with billy when i can send him my engine

QuadJunkies
04-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by reese5171
my son raced against brandon this last weekend and the way troy has that bike set up rocks. weston was telling me on the way home he sure wishes his bike sounded and went like brandons does,so i guess i had better be looking at the calendar and figuring out with billy when i can send him my engine Once you modify that 70, it will more than likely beat Brandons since its already a 70(ours is a 50, 70 top end) Billy will do you good :D ;) You got a good racer there!! :blah: :macho
It was nice meeting you all this wk end.