PDA

View Full Version : Boondockers!!!

Cool Honda Man
04-17-2005, 10:55 AM
My cousin told me he would give me his boondockers nitrous system for only $150. It seems like an awesome price. The question I have for those guys that run the boondocker system is: has there been any reliability problems? And is there any difference between the snowmobile and the atv nitrous systems?

wilkin250r
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Boondockers is slightly different than other nitrous systems.

In an ordinary nitrous system, you have a set of solenoids, a fuel pump, a nitrous bottle, and a nozzle for injection. It doesn't matter WHAT model it's for, the basic components are all the same, so you can easily swap between snowmobiles, atv's, PWCs, whatever.

I've never personally worked with a boondockers system, but I know how they work, and it's very possible that it will be different. Boondockers has a special manifold that injects nitrous into your air intake, and it pressurizes the carburetor to provide additional fuel. So, the snowmobile intake might be different than yours, and the carburetor might be different than yours. It's very possible it won't fit.

I highly suggest you give Boondockers a call, and get some advice on swapping the system. They'll be able to tell you any differences, and also be able to tell you exactly what you need in order to make it work.

2muchquad
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
if you go with nitrous,be prepared for accellerated engine wear.sure you'll have awesome power gains but there is no free lunch.make sure your bottom end is in fresh or like new condition.any components in your motor or driveline that is suspect will be pulverized by a nos setup.dont let anybody tell you any different..NO FREE LUNCH:)