PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Asap

redrider4ex
04-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I just rebuilt my quad, well, switched frames, everything is back together, the way it was on the old one, but now, whenever i turn the key on, i blow a fuse, ive thrown away 2 packes of 5 fuses today trying to fix the problem, is there anybody that has had this problem and or knows how to fix it.....????????????

JOEX
04-16-2005, 07:58 PM
There's a short somewhere, go over the wiring very thoroughly. Not something i'd like to do:ermm:

redrider4ex
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
ive done, re-done, re done the redo, like 6 times
pissed away a boat load of fuses, and i got a race sunday in a couple hours
i can get it to start i just gotta n*g* start it with a screw driver
but i did that once and i aint doin that again

i need advice!

AtvMxRider
04-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by redrider4ex
ive done, re-done, re done the redo, like 6 times
pissed away a boat load of fuses, and i got a race sunday in a couple hours
i can get it to start i just gotta n*g* start it with a screw driver
but i did that once and i aint doin that again

i need advice!

Joe gave you advice you HAVE a short somewhere and you need to find it. There is probably a wire touching somewhere.

redrider4ex
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
thats just it, if thats the case, i have no idea where its at, ive done it like 5 times, and ive tried movin wires and what not, so they wouldnt touch, but i guess somethin is still toucihin, ill check it again, if i dont get it by mid next week, im takin it somehwere, cause i gotta have it runnin by next weekend, thanx

aviator4
04-18-2005, 08:47 AM
It's also possible that you have the negative and positive cable installed backwards on a major component, like the start solenoid, the battery (unlikely), etc.

Take a close look at the components that sit next to your battery and make sure none of the large cables are backwards.

Also, make sure you haven't cross-connected any of the plugs that are up under the front plastics. Make sure all the colors match on both sides of the plugs.

RidrKFX
04-22-2005, 08:32 PM
my buddy had same problem...on the fuse bocx the wires were touching and make sure that there isnt any wires that are fraid

Crazy400EX
04-23-2005, 10:38 AM
my solinoid was touching my after market air box and it was blowing fuses