PDA

View Full Version : Axle carrier Question

400exRacerX
05-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Hey,

I just recenty bought a Laeger's swingarm and a RAD twin row axle carrier and i am having trouble getting the O-rings that go around the carrier into the swingarm. When ever I try to slide the carrier in with the two o-rings the swingarm just pushes them back out of there grooves and wont let the o-rings in.........Have any of you guys experienced this problem? If so how did you get the o-rings to go in? And do you think it would be alright if I just ran it without the 2 o-rings?

Thanks, Norm

wscotthougland
05-15-2002, 10:31 AM
The rad tapered bearing carrier that I have doesn't have a place for the o-rings, so I didn't use any. I would assume that it would be ok to put it together without them. All they do is help keep dirt from getting in the swing arm, but there shouldn't be much dirt getting in there anyways once the swing arm is tightened down to keep the carrier from turning.

400exRacerX
05-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Thanks,,,, BTW what is tapered on the rad carrier? The carrier itself or the bearings?

05-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Norm why the heck ain't you in school????:eek:

Call laeger or Rad and ask them,,just to be safe,,you don't wanna ruin 2 new parts..:cool:

Razorback
05-15-2002, 11:11 AM
yes, please find out for sure. i have a rad carrier on order and would like to be installing it correctly as well.

05-15-2002, 11:35 AM
I have a Rad twin roll and i have ran it with out the O-rings for 2 years now and have had no problem. The main reason they are ther is to prevent water from entering the space between the the bearing on the out side of the carrier where the grease fitting is. I take mine out often to grease it and there is usually a little bit of water that drains out. The water can also be drained by loosening the bolts that hold the carrier tight.

wscotthougland
05-15-2002, 11:37 AM
400exRacerX

the bearings are tapered, there like the ones used in cars. They are supposedly stronger.

400exRacerX
05-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Thanks Guys,,,

I havent been in school this hole week because I was in Georgia for a couple days.:D

400exBro
05-16-2002, 03:49 PM
What this i have been hearing about a 7 000$$ 250r you bought than sold again or something along those lines....??????
Tommy post it in the open forum and we haven't heard from ya or seen pics so what up with this ????
lata
Have fun
Bro