PDA

View Full Version : Faster Twist Throttle?

Tortured Z
04-16-2005, 03:17 PM
My Brock carb has a twist and I'm liking it but the ratio on the thing sucks. I talked to Edelbrock and they said they don't have a fix. They told me that if I did buy a shorter ratio throttle it would have to be a push/pull or they would not make a cable for it. I have looked and nobody seems to sell a short ratio push/pull throttle. So what I am asking is has anyone rigged a pull only twist throttle, like the Vortex or the Turbo, to work with the Brock carb? Or does anyone know a factory push/pull throttle, like a CRF450 throttle, with a ratio of at most 2.35?

NacsMXer
04-16-2005, 05:03 PM
It seems like long throw of the throttle is more of a problem with the Edelbrock carb itself. I've heard that they have a much longer throttle pull than stock or an FCR carb. Good luck with finding the right setup though, i'm not sure if it can be fixed with a throttle or cable :confused:

rob-u/21
04-16-2005, 05:42 PM
No. I dont think that the edlebrock can be fixed. I have an edlebrock and they do have a long twist or thumb throtle. You just have to get used to it, or switch to another carb.

Out_Sider
04-16-2005, 05:56 PM
IMO edelbrock carbs have WAY to long of a throw, i have the thumb on mine, but to fix this i modified my thumb throttle.. twist wise i dont know how to fix it besides using a push pull system, but that seems it would be slower

Tortured Z
04-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Found one!!! Duncan Racing sells a Vortex w/cable for the Brock, I just hope it's not too fast of a rate. I think it's a 1/8th turn instead of the 1/4 turn throttle I have now.