PDA

View Full Version : stupid stock shocks!

OnTheEdge
04-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I really need to upgrade my suspension. I've broken both stock shocks right near the bottom and have them all welded up. Don't hold oil very well anymore either. What would be the cheapest way to get some better shocks? Aftermarket or maybe 400EX stock shocks or something. What would u do?

wheeltrax
04-16-2005, 03:05 PM
buy some works or elkas would be your best bet. Dont waste your time buying new stock shocks. Buy a shock made for your machine as well. This will help alot.

bwamos
04-26-2005, 08:46 AM
I have works dual rate steeler's /w res. in the front.. and Works Ultracross w/ res in the rear. They work great. Been using them on my 330ex for 6 years with no issues.

They arent elkas.. but unless your clearing more than 30ft of hangtime.. you'll be fine.. lol. I've never bottomed mine out "hard", and the good lord knows I've tried.. lol.

Aftermarket shocks on a 300ex make all the difference in the world. I get reminded everytime I ride my buddys 300ex w/ stockers on it. 3ft jump and you'll nut yourself on the tank.. :eek2:

cdalejef
04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Excelent advice for both of you! :)

400EXracer74
04-26-2005, 12:07 PM
yea just go with works if your not riding too hard or racing. my friend has works shocks on his 400 ex and he hits 50 foot jumps fine and hasnt had any problems. he also doesnt race with them so that would make it so you could go a bit bigger. if you race i would go with elkas