PDA

View Full Version : jetted carb..........now won't start. help!

chowmylap
04-16-2005, 10:06 AM
put in a 160 main and a 45 piolet, reassembled quadruple checked all connections, (yes the gas was turned on), the only screw to adjust anything was the idle screw which did nothing. any suggestions?
thanks,
chris-

nosliw
04-16-2005, 10:21 AM
one time i reassembled my carb and gave it too much gas before i started it which fouled the plug. check that first.

chowmylap
04-16-2005, 07:11 PM
thats exactly what happend, so i cleaned the plug and put it back in. it fired and ran for a couple of seconds and died and wouldn't restart. when it did start it ran very rough and wouldn't idle at all.
i may try a hotter plug and see if that helps.
any other suggestions?
thanks in advance,
-Chris-

JOEX
04-16-2005, 07:46 PM
What mods do you have?

chowmylap
04-17-2005, 12:15 AM
just a DG pipe and K&N w/ outerwears and no airbox lid.

nosliw
04-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by chowmylap
thats exactly what happend, so i cleaned the plug and put it back in. it fired and ran for a couple of seconds and died and wouldn't restart. when it did start it ran very rough and wouldn't idle at all.
i may try a hotter plug and see if that helps.
any other suggestions?
thanks in advance,
-Chris-

is the plug still good after that little time it did run?

cals400ex
04-17-2005, 02:06 AM
if you adjusted the idle screw, there is a good chance it is just too low. get some riding time on it too. how many turns out on the fuel screw are you?

chowmylap
04-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
is the plug still good after that little time it did run?
i'm going to throw a new plug in it anyway and see wht happens.

if you adjusted the idle screw, there is a good chance it is just too low. get some riding time on it too. how many turns out on the fuel screw are you?

i couldn't even get it to run, let alone ride it. just trying to get it started at this point. as far as how many turns, i think i tried it at just about every position.

haven't had time to touch it this weekend hopefully tommorrow.