PDA

View Full Version : Carb dumping fuel.

QuadJunkies
04-15-2005, 11:45 PM
We have a Keihin 20mm carb on my Sons Eton Viper. This is the first timewe have ever used it . When its running everything works fine, but when you shut it off, it sits for about 30-60 seconds and then it starts dumping fuel out of the Carb and doesnt stop until you shut the fuel off. We tried calling Keihin direct and got no where :rolleyes: . Any idea ideas what might be the issue?? We have pulled it apart and cleaned everything and it all seems fine ..:ermm:
thanks

212racing
04-16-2005, 12:49 AM
float maybe sticking open

take the bowl off and check that the float is functioning properly
make sure when you put it together that the bowl or seal is not touching the float.

QuadJunkies
04-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 212racing
float maybe sticking open

take the bowl off and check that the float is functioning properly
make sure when you put it together that the bowl or seal is not touching the float. We have had it apart three times and done the two first things you mentioned already,still no luck

jst
04-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Sounds like the framing that holds the float might be twisted just enough to be making contact with the float bowl.Is the pin all the way in on the float?I run the same carb on ours and have not run into this problem.Try to remove the drain bolt on the bottom of the float bowl(with gas off of course),remove the main jet to allow more room to move the float.Try to move it up and see if it sticks or gets hung up at anytime.The only other thing to check I can think of is the pin might have a burr on it.

QuadJunkies
04-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jst
Sounds like the framing that holds the float might be twisted just enough to be making contact with the float bowl.Is the pin all the way in on the float?I run the same carb on ours and have not run into this problem.Try to remove the drain bolt on the bottom of the float bowl(with gas off of course),remove the main jet to allow more room to move the float.Try to move it up and see if it sticks or gets hung up at anytime.The only other thing to check I can think of is the pin might have a burr on it. thats a good idea, We did check the pin and its fine but we will try the other:)

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Got Er done! :macho

jst
04-19-2005, 02:27 AM
What was the problem?

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Float was stickin ;) but now its got to be Rejetted the jettings off now , no biggie, mainly the pilot.

jst
04-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Just out of curiosity,what are you running for jetting on your 90cc Kasea?Our Eton is 128 main and 58 pilot.I'm just always curios as to how other minis cylinders flow.thanks.

QuadJunkies
04-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by jst
Just out of curiosity,what are you running for jetting on your 90cc Kasea?Our Eton is 128 main and 58 pilot.I'm just always curios as to how other minis cylinders flow.thanks. we actually run a 28 MM flatslide on the Kasea, waaayyyy different jetting than the Eton. I know right now I think we have a 50 pilot in the Eton,jetting wre still not dialed in yet ,but I think its around a 135 .Ill know more tomorrow on the jetting