PDA

View Full Version : Front end?

Woodsracer400ex
04-15-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm currently running a 400ex w/long travel rear end with 1.25 swingarm and axis shock, I did the rear first, now I need to do something with the front end. I'm a 4stk A XC rider, I have been using work tripples w/rezzies w/stock a arms, my questions is will axis or elka shocks up front w/ stock a arms be better than my works? Would it be worth it? I don't have the money for long travel front end but would settle for better shocks with stock a arms. If any body has some insight it would be much appreciated. :macho

04-16-2005, 07:20 AM
well anythings gunna be better then works..you could just get a set of yfz shocks and then a cheap set of elka's w/rezzies and they would be about the same to:eek2: but i would go axis on your front end and just get nice shocks but not for a LT front end you will notice a dif. im sure

Jake250r
04-16-2005, 12:16 PM
well everyone says that the triple rate elka's w/o rezi's are better than works with, and the elkas will only run you $$450-475. i'm planning on them for myself.

Dave400ex
04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Find a used set of Elka or Axis front shocks and send them to a company like Precision Concepts to be fully revalved and serviced, to be better then new...