PDA

View Full Version : 450r bashing

mike nash
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
How come it seems that everyone and their brother dislikes the 450r so much? I was watching atv television sport edition and the host only gave thumbs up on z400 raptor and yfz450. Did I buy the wrong machine? Or is Yamaha " the best on earth".

turboTony
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
who sponsored the show? :rolleyes:

quadjeff
04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
They should ask natlie(bad name spelling), Farr, Borich and 1/2 the pros and pro-am guys who have switched.. Yamaha is a good quad but its is hard to beat a honda.. nothing else needs to be said..

kbass24emtp
04-15-2005, 09:50 PM
I think it is because you have to use more effort than just your thumb to start the 450R. I could care less what anyone thinks about the 450R. I love it, and thats all that matters to me.

MR.BIG
04-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Honda is the best period. My friend owns an atv shop and there has been a lot yfz in there with blown motors. There has not been one 450r in there. The yamaha's are fast but they won't hold up like a honda. Who cares what other people think I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

450Rkid
04-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I think it is because you have to use more effort than just your thumb to start the 450R.

That was a good one and you cant go by what a tv show or magazine tells you you have to go with what you like there must have been a reason you bought your 450r in the frst place over a yamaha

Punk'd
04-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Yamaha has people all over this messed up globe saying it wins EVERYTIME but iv lived the truth:D

Out_Sider
04-16-2005, 10:47 AM
one thing i do beleive the yamaha has better, is better factory suspension, the hondas rear end has a good bit to be desired for, where as the yamaha is good stock, and the yamaha has a more sudden hit, where the hondas motor wants to pull, if the honda had the carb, and compression ratio that the yamaha has i think this would be different, i wanted the yamaha for a long time, but my mechanic and my dad are convincing me to Honda

sam the brave
04-16-2005, 10:54 AM
the are both equal
but its not the bike that has a bad motor that makes it blow its the rider
look at me i blew my motor on my "bullet proof" honda in 2 months. and i never blew the motor on my warrior

MR.BIG
04-16-2005, 11:05 AM
HOW IS IT THE RIDER THAT BLOWS THE MOTOR. IF THE MOTOR IS SETUP CORRECTLY AND MAINTAINED AND IT BLOWS UP HOW IS IT THE RIDERS FAULT. ALL THE 450R NEEDS IS THE HRC KIT AND AN EXHAUST. I SMOKED MODIFIED Z400'S WITH ONLY MY HRC KIT AND NOW THAT I HAVE THE EXHAUST IT WILL OVER BEFORE IT BEGINS.

WOracing
04-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
HOW IS IT THE RIDER THAT BLOWS THE MOTOR. IF THE MOTOR IS SETUP CORRECTLY AND MAINTAINED AND IT BLOWS UP HOW IS IT THE RIDERS FAULT. ALL THE 450R NEEDS IS THE HRC KIT AND AN EXHAUST. I SMOKED MODIFIED Z400'S WITH ONLY MY HRC KIT AND NOW THAT I HAVE THE EXHAUST IT WILL OVER BEFORE IT BEGINS.

seems as you dont know one thing about motors or how they work. it doesnt matter how good or reliable your motor is, its about how hard you ride it. sponsered riders have a mechanic on hand everywhere they go so if something goes wrong it can be fixed. its just a matter of how hard you ride it. i guarentee (sp) i can blow a "perfect" motor within a matter of a week or so, but thats just me. so you cant say its not the riders fault when it really is.

Cody_300ex
04-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
the are both equal
but its not the bike that has a bad motor that makes it blow its the rider
look at me i blew my motor on my "bullet proof" honda in 2 months. and i never blew the motor on my warrior

Yea, you probley ran the mofo out of oil, sucked something into your motor cause i have NEVER in my 3 years of quading heard of a stock 400ex blowing. I has to be a operater error!

Out_Sider
04-16-2005, 06:02 PM
hehe, i've blown my honda up many times ;)

jeepnrocks
04-17-2005, 06:48 AM
can't go by what magazines or television show say. thats really all that needs to be said :)

glenfoto
04-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm tired of these posts. Ride the god damn quad. Who gives a $#%^ about what anyone says.. damn..

Did I say I hate these posts?

Just RIDE!

TCracin440ex
04-19-2005, 12:31 AM
what i like to call these guys that bash other brands of quads are bench racers...plain and simple...and when ever you believe what a tv show says, or mag. says your just as dumb as they are because your buyin their bs

04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
guys, i know exactly what the problem is....

it's penis envy

the honda has a bigger penis!!

mstrav1
04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
why doesn't anybody just put their video where their mouth is and show some video proof. i'm currently putting some together from pismo and dumont of my 450 with hrc and pipe whipping some *****! This last weekend at pismo, a blue 250r (370 kit) whipped all bikes, and a close second was a trx 470r with a plus 4" arm. by the end of the year yz will be off the podium for the sand drags. 450r's have only been out for just over a year!!! yz out for (2) years. like i said i got lots of good videos coming i'll post here and on trx450r.org so stay tuned. p.s. raptors suck!!!

glenfoto
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
what i like to call these guys that bash other brands of quads are bench racers...plain and simple...and when ever you believe what a tv show says, or mag. says your just as dumb as they are because your buyin their bs

Here here!

robman
04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
The guy on that show is retarded,he complained about the lack of reverse,suspension too stiff and electric start.This guy only rides trails and his show sucks,he didn't even ride the quads himself,the old terd.If you put a mag in front of the camera and flipped the pages it would be more fun to watch.If you listen to him you don't belong on a sport quad!

WOracing
04-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by robman
The guy on that show is retarded,he complained about the lack of reverse,suspension too stiff and electric start.This guy only rides trails and his show sucks,he didn't even ride the quads himself,the old terd.If you put a mag in front of the camera and flipped the pages it would be more fun to watch.If you listen to him you don't belong on a sport quad!

werd... be your own person!:macho