PDA

View Full Version : lil bros recon is gonna be getting some stuff

Rootar
04-15-2005, 07:40 AM
ok my brother is selling one sof his horses and is gonna have soem money to spend on his recon, here is what he wants to do:

- 22x7x10 maxxis front pros on douglas red labels
- 22x11x9 maxxis all tracks on redlabels
- a super trapp exasht (isd2 i think)
- and some lights to mount on the bars for night riding (havent decided which yet
- and we are gonna build some peg extensins and floor boards for it

that sounds goo and all to me except his tire choice i dont think its gonna ride good with thsoe big hard rear tires (it rides pretty ok now, like it handles jumps good and is fun, but it gonna be rough riding and hard landing from jumps) so could you guys tell him what tires he should get cause he wont just take my opinnion he wants yalls. i think he needs to get a new set of rear tires from honda and get 23inch front tires all mounted on the redlabels but heres the question which front tires. he doesnt want razrs or razr2s he thinks they look stupid, so what are some good 23 inch front sport tires only ones i can think of are the holeshot xct and they are 23x7x10s, are ther anyothers and what do yall think on the whole tire thing

300exOH
04-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Klaw fronts and 20" Knarly rears would be great on a recon. The 20" tires would help it accelerate quicker. 22" Knarlys would be good too though. Our 250ex has 20" tires in the rear and it really helps.

blue416ex
04-15-2005, 09:50 AM
that would look pretty goofy 20 in tires on a 4x4 would lok weird IMO

300exOH
04-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by blue416ex
that would look pretty goofy 20 in tires on a 4x4 would lok weird IMO

Recon is a 2wd utility/sport:ermm:

blue416ex
04-15-2005, 12:35 PM
yea but they have the 4x4 fenders on them it would look odd IMO i say go with the bigger tires to get the lift and take it bogging but watch cuz like u said its 2wd recons werent really built to jump either:(

ReconRider25
04-15-2005, 04:55 PM
yea but they have the 4x4 fenders on them it would look odd IMO i say go with the bigger tires to get the lift and take it bogging but watch cuz like u said its 2wd recons werent really built to jump either

noone told me that.....oops......:devil: when i had my recon tyhe tires were bald and i was planning on getting alltracs.....for the rims.....u might be better off with some oem honda off an ex. think itd be alot stronger. the supertrapp ids2- i had it on my recon, loved the difference and sounded good. complete system in fact i still have the pipe and everything.

Rootar
04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
i think he has made up his mind on getting carlise 489s 23x7x10 fronts on redlabels and 23x10x10 rears on redlabels. Trust me its doesnt need to be geared any lower than it is and it should be even better going up alittle (its geared a good little bit lower than the 250ex if thats what yall are comparing it to) and withteh pipe it shoudl work really nice

Jake250r
04-16-2005, 12:25 PM
IMO if you're selling a horse, you should have enuf money to buy a more sport oriented quad, unless of course you need it for "utility" work.