PDA

View Full Version : best cheapest rear shock

rich@axeracing.
04-15-2005, 06:57 AM
best z rear shock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will have to say , I have the best rear shock ive ever ridden on my bike now . and oddly enough its a stock Suzuki . I sent it out to laz @ gt thunder to have him work his magic on my stock so I could used it as a spare while my high dollar shock when back to the factory for a repair. so my ups man brings me a box last week that's said (Yoder's buggy parts) and im thinking to my self , hhhhhhmmmmmmm? I don't think I have a horse nor a buggy but its from Millersburg ( home of gt thunder ) so ill opener up and to my surprise it was my stock z400 shock, along with some sweet gt-thunder and quad-zone stickers . I was glad for that cuz I figured I would have a hard time selling Amish buggy parts on eBay . .lololololol ok the box didn't say that but with laz's broken ribs every lil laugh is enough to knock the wind rite out of him.... lol..
anyway along with the shock came strict directions on proper set up of the shock and how to set the ride height . so I bolt the shock on , set my ride height , and head to crow canyon for the first race of the awrcs series . I was a little scared of racing a shock that I had never ridden on since 2 years ago I hopped on a brand new z400 at a race and made it all of 3-4 miles before that stock rear shock bucked the back end of that quad up in the air , so I rode on the front tires for 10-15 ft at 25-30 mph before that tree jumped out in front of me . luckily I saved the quad and the tree from getting messed by putting my body in between the tree and the quad . that worked out well for the quad and the tree but I was hauled out on a stretcher . and let me tell ya , that ride sucked . I had broken ribs , broken shoulder , collar bone , ect. they carried me an a stretcher for a couple hundred yards the put the stretcher on the back of a utility quad .and hauled me the rest of the way out . this weekend I figured I would be smarter and take it easy , as the laps when by , I felt more confident with the new setup. and pushed harder and harder every lap. all I can say is this , I have had a lot of after market shocks . and I have never ridden a shock that I felt that confident riding fast and hard . now I cant tell you what he did ,or how much it cost. but its well worth it . ask laz at gtthunder.com for details

ohski
04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the wrote up... I too have one of those bucking Z's that needs a little help.

Wade

adema
04-19-2005, 06:03 AM
lol are you sure its the shock or you lol. i have never had a problem with my stock z shock buckling on the track it just suxs.

rich@axeracing.
04-19-2005, 06:19 AM
mabey your not going fast enough:eek2: try taking it out of first gear