PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly owners - hot climate

chevy71
04-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Guys,

I was wandering if yall had a lot of problems with overheating when the ambient temp is pretty high.

Also I heard the valves tighten up a lot so that it loses power.

Are any of these major problems in your opinions? Hard/easy to fix?

Thanks,

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-15-2005, 06:29 AM
I have had a few issues with overheating on mine from time to time. Granted it was because the radiator was completely clogged up with mud and it did take several hours before it overheated. I have rode with many big bores and the ’04 and later model Grizzly’s don’t overheat any worse than any of the rest of them when you are riding in deep mud.

The valves on the ’02 and ’03 model Grizzly’s did have to be adjusted from time to time. I bought the ’04 after they changed to the new valve material and I have not had to adjust mine yet. I have brought it in several times and not once has it been out of spec. I bought mine in Nov. ’04 and have put over 500 miles of pure mud on it. If the valves were going to go out they would have done so by now.

To answer your questions both of those issues were pretty much fixed in the ’04 model. The heat kit and new valves were added with other changes that were made to the Grizzly for that year.

chevy71
04-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Mudmonster,

You sure are making my purchase decision real easy. I dont think Ill have the overheating issue because of a clogged radiator because I dont do a lot of deep mud riding.

I actually was reading the 2004 tech and bulletin manual from a Yamaha tech and thats why I was asking these questions.

Those were the only issues I wanted answers to. If I can leave work early I'll go and sign papers on one.

Thanks again for all the answers.

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
No problem at all. I am sure you are going to be very happy with your new quad and if you have any problems just ask me. I have had every problem that a grizz can have because of my mud riding and I have fixes for most stuff.

Glad to be of service. :devil:

tom400ex
04-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Where should the coolent level be on a grizzly. at the low or in the middle of low and high:confused:

MudMonsterGrizz
04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I keep my overflow on the high side. I keep the radiator full.