PDA

View Full Version : frankly... pipe

09-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I have a 2002 400ex, I want to get the PC T4 silencer. But today I called my dealer and asked them if I would void the warranty by doing this. They said no as long as you don't rejet it, so now i'm wondering if I should get it, my warranty expires in December. So should I just get it and put it on, then wait til Dec. to jet it? Would there be any consequences to this?

09-11-2001, 08:50 PM
FROM WHAT I'VE READ YOU SHOULD BE OK WITH THAT AS LONG AS YOU LEAVE THE AIRBOX LID ON AND UN MODDED.:)

09-12-2001, 12:02 AM
while rejet it and if it blows up for some reason throw the stocker jet back in and say you guys told me i can't rejet

CHAR250R
09-12-2001, 05:28 AM
Those warrenty guys are always trying to wiggle outta paying for something. I asked my dealer where I bought my 400ex and they said no problem. It's a Honda, it won't blow up. Just make sure you jet it right. If you put the pipe on, you have to jet it. The more fuel you let out, the more fuel you can let in. That's the whole purpose of the aftermarket exhaust. Have fun. Ride on.

trx400ex
09-12-2001, 06:32 AM
macgarth, you cant tell if it has had changes in jetting, then they would prolly sue ya

RideRed04
09-12-2001, 02:43 PM
I personally like the yoshi... same noise level as the white bro., much tricker looking, and cheaper, easier to get a hold of one, and not as many people have them. So if I rejet for the climate, it voids my warantee? Zacko is full of sh*t. Call them and ask if you can rejet for altitude.

nakomis0
09-12-2001, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure about your situation, but I have heard dealers saying they will only continue your warranty if you have them put on your exhaust and jet it.

Maybe he was saying you have to take it to them if it needs jetting. beats me I think thats screwy. They just want there $60 an hour.:rolleyes:

09-12-2001, 06:50 PM
Do it like I did mang,
Put the PC T-4 on, mod the airbox lid, rejet it and feel the POWER!
Keep the stock silencer and jets and IF that 400 needs to go back for warranty, put the stock back on. Just get some good advice on modding the airbox and what size jets to go with. I think Magnum put the T-4 on without mods at first.
John