PDA

View Full Version : needing info on cannondale cannibal 440

CoolRunning#517
04-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi I have a Question about a cannondale cannibal 440. A man on e-bay is wanting to trade his cannondale for my suzuki z-400.

His cannondale features these mods.... 03 cannibal bought new for 5899.00 +2 a-arms chrome, +4 swingarm , LSR axle chrome, moto nerf bars O"neal bars, red and grey plastics stocker plastic, brand new south bay moto motor with all upgrades under 2 hours on it, new MXR tires front and rear. Only other thing is he said it had a small oil leak.

My suzuki z 400 is an 03 features.... DG nerf bars, Pro taper handlebars, scott grips, Durablue axle, aftermarket heavyduty chain, Scorpion pipe jetted only.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good trade or not, im very weary about the oil leak and in the pictures it looks like the engine has more than 2 hours on it. Thanks!

CannondaleRider
04-14-2005, 05:56 PM
ummmmm....

Do you know a lot about Cannondales?

If not, learn the most you can.

CannondaleRiders Forum (http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb)

Learn about all the updates and all the small things to look for, etc. etc.

Cannondales are awsome bikes, and (no offense) would be much faster then the Z, just be prepared to wrench a little more then you would on the Z, they require a lot more maintenance.

They may not be as reliable as the Z, but the Z isn't a purebred racebike stock

The oil leak i'm not to sure about, probably an easy fix. That +4 swingarm is going to take away a lot of usability, unless your a duner.

CoolRunning#517
04-15-2005, 02:52 PM
No I dont know alot about cannondales, never even rode one b4 but I want a Quad to race b4 the new suzuki 450 comes out. Why do they need so much maintenence? Im taking my time looking at a couple of cannondales from two guys that are wanting to trade with me. But I want to make sure that the cannondale will be easy to take care of this is only my second year racing lol. Ive rode a DS 650 , I race YFZ 450 and I own a Suzuki z-400, can I compare the cannondale power to any of those Quads? Thanks